Thread: CGI Movies

Default CGI Movies

This is not so much a technical error but rather a lack of knowledge on my part, and or a mystery. The little CGI movies that play when a spy enters a city, etc have vanished in my current campaign. I'm almost positive I haven't clicked the "Don't show me this again" box. I also tried restarting the campaign, and still no videos. How do I go about fixing this?
    The proud progeny of Lord Sephiroth.
    Also a proud member of the Royal House of the Black Prince.
    "What would you humans know of loss? The Eldar have been singing songs of lament before your race even crawled out of the ocean on your bellies."

Default Re: CGI Movies

There was a thread on this a couple days ago. I believe there is something about it in the preferences that you must re-enable.

Adnan

I checked options/settings (assuming that is the same as preferances), and found nothing that looked like it was even related to my problem.
    The proud progeny of Lord Sephiroth.
    Also a proud member of the Royal House of the Black Prince.
    "What would you humans know of loss? The Eldar have been singing songs of lament before your race even crawled out of the ocean on your bellies."

Average British Student

In order to change that, there is a file located in the main folder, depending on where you placed it the path may vary. But the default would be

C :\ Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.preference.cfg

Open this file with Notepad, and then locate the last segment in the file, which is called "[video]"

Under there you'll see various options about video and most likely is the following the only thing you have to change.
    Among the settings you'll find infiltration_movies = 0 just change that to infiltration_movies = 1 and your movies will show again.

That should make it - quoted from post did last week in Technical Help forum. That about 3 time i did that. next time search the Technical Help forum

I dunno if its just me or what but.. In my game whenever I move an agent. And click while he is still moving the character speeds up BUT almost 99% of the time the movie will not play after I do that and the game will freeze. I had that happen with spies and assassins anyone else?

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Tech Help.

Quote Originally Posted by ML101 View Post
    I dunno if its just me or what but.. In my game whenever I move an agent. And click while he is still moving the character speeds up BUT almost 99% of the time the movie will not play after I do that and the game will freeze. I had that happen with spies and assassins anyone else?
    I do that all the time and I never experienced any problems. Not sure why you are.
    Last edited by Trajan; November 25, 2006 at 05:30 PM.