Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [UNITS] The Kingdom of Kush

Default Re: The Kingdom of Kush [PREVIEW]

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Longbows
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Its beautiful - can we see it in action? I mean, I heard Medieval Kingdoms have problems with their crossbow when drawn - how do you guys work it out?

Also, I see no marine units - Is this means Ancient Empires would use Rome 2 approach of using land units as marines, unlike Attila where naval units have their own units?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Well, in the case of Lucio/Cpt Cortez, I tend to post his roster as he prefers not to.

In terms of the elephants, I was pretty comfortable with their usage in this faction. There is artwork that shows elephants being ridden and that the Kushites kept them and made use of them for other purposes. It's not much of a stretch to believe they used them in war when they were entirely familiar with the concept.

KaM's point is a bit different and more arguable to me, but I'll talk to him about that one on one.
    I am also familiar with artwork of elephants used by Kushites, like I wrote, only armoured version along with towers is just too much for that elephant species Feel free to PM me here or on steam (same nick), we can talk about it or exchange some sources. War elephants were part of my BA thesis (in Seleucid armies to be exact) but when I wrote a part about battle of Raphia, I read some good stuff about differences between different elephant breeds (plus also the origin of "Syrian" elephants).

BTW, aside for my nitpicking, those armoured elephants look sweet
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Well, in the case of Lucio/Cpt Cortez, I tend to post his roster as he prefers not to.

In terms of the elephants, I was pretty comfortable with their usage in this faction. There is artwork that shows elephants being ridden and that the Kushites kept them and made use of them for other purposes. It's not much of a stretch to believe they used them in war when they were entirely familiar with the concept.

KaM's point is a bit different and more arguable to me, but I'll talk to him about that one on one.

I prefer not write my roster preview because my english is not so good to write long post. For this reason I prefer you guys, who have english as native lenguage write it. Im a modder in the shadows jejeje. My words are my units XD

About the roster, amazing as always my friend!!!

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    My only complaint is Elephants which are relatively dubious.
    Recently i have found a graffito located near the third cataract, very likely showing an elephant mounted by a single men. Unlike the other mounted elephant-reliefs from Musawwarat es-Sufra (Which just show an elephant mounted by a god, beside mounted gryphons and lions) this graffito might be a concrete proof for war elephants in Meroitic Kush.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Dank faction preview, man.

I prefer not write my roster preview because my english is not so good to write long post. For this reason I prefer you guys, who have english as native lenguage write it. Im a modder in the shadows jejeje. My words are my units XD
    Yea, I don't mind doing it. I just wanted people to know that the stuff I post preview wise is your work.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

This, is what a preview should be!

Excellent historical research
    Fantastic model work
    Detailed roster
    Comprehensive balancing
    Readable formatting^^

I need to really step up my game after looking at this, very intimidating!

We will be having Marines I believe. Just haven't started on naval aspects yet. Will likely take dei assets
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Kingdom of Kush sounds like the funkiest kingdom ever

Good job on the faction overhaul, loved the informative material Keep up the good work
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

As someone who lives in the netherlands at the moment, I laughed hard at the title of the thread

Hardly surprising, you're likely high
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Man this is so great! Excellent quality!!!!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [UNITS] The Kingdom of Kush

So historically, would the Kushites have had access to artillery such as onagers, scorpions, ballistas, ect?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12