Thread: Portugal Mod

Default Portugal Mod

This mod is 100% compatible with the excellent Regnum Dei mod (thx for the great work guys!) !

So:

-Navarra (Pampluna) doesn't belong to Portugal any longer.
    -You start with only Lisboa.
    -All generals and armies have been replaced and reorganized. Of course I left the important characters.
    -Ships have been put near Lisboa... heh...
    -You can't make new cavalry unless you conquer a castle, or make a castle from your capital, so watch out for the cavalry you have at the beginning.
    -You start with 4500 gold.
    -Since the Moors are acting a little weird in the beginning, I added two more archer units in their capital.
    -Navarra now has a rebel army defending it (a little less good than in Valencia)
    -I also remade all the maps for all factions like this one below, where Navarra (Pampluna) no longer has the Portuguese color.

Well, dunno if this will interest someone, but if it does, tell me what you think.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Last edited by DefenderOfTheCrown; December 15, 2006 at 08:33 AM. Reason: new info

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Portugal Mod

Is it compatiable with regnium dei?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

nice mod defender I tried to something similar only once I converted Navarra to rebel it refused to work heh.

glad someone else has gone and reduced Portugal down to 1 province.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Is it compatiable with regnium dei?
    Well yeah, like I said I just changed stuff concerning Portugal, all the rest is still there. Note that it's based on the rebalanced campaign file. So no playable mongols and stuff, just wanted Portugal to have a more realistic start. I left the dates 1054-1630, though for myself I made it 1080-1580 :p

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanial View Post
    nice mod defender I tried to something similar only once I converted Navarra to rebel it refused to work heh.

glad someone else has gone and reduced Portugal down to 1 province.
    Thx Well yeah, the most funny thing was trying to get that new rebel army to start in the city...

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

What about this:

Portugal came into existence as an independent nation on June 24, 1128, when Afonso Henriques, Count of Portugal, defeated his mother in battle, Countess Teresa, and her lover, Fernão Peres de Trava, thereby establishing himself as sole leader. Afonso Henriques proclaimed himself king of Portugal on July 25, 1139, after the Battle of Ourique and was recognized as such in 1143 by Alfonso VII, king of León and Castile, and in 1179 by Pope Alexander III.

If it is true, not Portugalia but e.g. Navarre should be the faction.

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1100.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Csatadi View Post
    What about this:

Portugal came into existence as an independent nation on June 24, 1128, when Afonso Henriques, Count of Portugal, defeated his mother in battle, Countess Teresa, and her lover, Fernão Peres de Trava, thereby establishing himself as sole leader. Afonso Henriques proclaimed himself king of Portugal on July 25, 1139, after the Battle of Ourique and was recognized as such in 1143 by Alfonso VII, king of León and Castile, and in 1179 by Pope Alexander III.

Yup I agree but don't forget this game goes untill far into the 16th century. So, considering 500 years of history, I think that Portugal has his place, with like 400 years of influence, always growing as we get closer to the 16th century...

Dan_Grr's Avatar Dan the Man

Bem jogado. Im looking for the portuguese units in Medieval II, can anybody tell me what they are? Links and pictures if possible, thanks.
    Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to. - Plutarch, c. A.D. 46-120

Under the wise patronage of cunobelin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Grr View Post
    Bem jogado. Im looking for the portuguese units in Medieval II, can anybody tell me what they are? Links and pictures if possible, thanks.
    Bem jogado, but I'm not Portuguese

Anyway, well I think (for what I've seen) that the Portuguese troops are the same as the others, just a different color.

Dan_Grr's Avatar Dan the Man

Ok, thanks anyway, keep up the good work. I think Portugal is an interesting faction specially due to its geographical location, but it lacks interesting units. Im thinking about changing that, or help a mod group change that.
    Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to. - Plutarch, c. A.D. 46-120

Under the wise patronage of cunobelin

Wasnt sure if you have modded this up to the latest version of RDM... so I spent a few minutes to do it myself - its actually quite easy once you figure out the coordinates and all... Portugal is much more fun to play when Pamplona is a Rebel castle...

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Csatadi View Post
    What about this:

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1100.htm
    Well, maybe this would change your mind. Portugal was one of the countries that influenced more europe in the game's timeline, so i think portugal importance is relevant..

I was also a bit "wt*" when i saw portugal with pamplona... But i'll be waiting for a full mod.. i dont want to put my game full of mods untill i cant play more with it. i'll wait for a full mod.
    [IMG]

Finnaly I give it a try via modswitch and adding Lusted late datafile that fixes 2 handed units bug.
    Playing in me/vh and so far great.
    It's really much more natural to start only with 1 province (as Eb latest version as Lusitans) even if the money runs short (Already a negative income in 1st turn even after dismobilizing 2 units after 1st battle agaisnt rebels).
    Cant wait to see further versions.

Aquilus's Avatar Libertus

maybe someone could add some uniqueness to the portuguese faction, by perhaps adding some units? i would add them myself but i don't know how

anyway here's some suggestions:

Started an AAR using the idea of this mod... Pamplona becomes a Rebel Castle (town) with the same size garrison as Valencia...

duplicae post... nm
    Last edited by dag231; December 09, 2006 at 11:49 PM.

Hey thanks for your interest, guys!

Here's a little update.

This latest version has been tested with the Regnum Dei Mod version 1.8 iron and is fully compatible with it. All changes from RDM are in there, plus the changes I made concerning Portugal.

I've been much busy lately (modding for another game) ... but I've also been testing this.
    So I played england to see how Portugal plays alone and not interfer with the local business. After 151 turns, Portugal is still there, has only Lisboa and one strong army plus another little one the the capital. They are at war with both the Moors and the Spanish. Not that the whole diplomatic thing changes quickly in that area. At one time Portugal captured Leon from Spain, but lost it some years later. So long they managed to push back the Moors while making war against Spain.

Didn't test it much as player, only 25 turn far, and I managed to get Cordoba after two hell of a battles, with almost nothing left, but the Moors are weakened also, just have to be carefull because of their alliance with the Spanish.
    Another option is to go for Leon, before the Spanish become too strong.
    About the Spanish, the cool thing is they now concentrate on capturing the rebel cities first, having a more logical map of growing Spain.

SO .... I think it works pretty well (well for me at least), the idea was to have a faction a bit like Aragon, back in good old MTW.
    With the Spanish and the Moors at your doors, quick and courageous choices will have to be made!

Download Here !
    Last edited by DefenderOfTheCrown; December 15, 2006 at 08:31 AM. Reason: editing new links

The links are now updated since this mod is now in the downloads section of this website, thanks a lot, vikrant1986 !!