Thread: Great job!!

Default Great job!!

Stayed up till 5am playing this and I'm having a blast. I'm a Darthmod veteran, but I've never had as much fun with that mod as I had with this. It feels like Rome 2 has been made remade in the Rome 1 engine, minus all the actual disappointment of Rome 2.

I'm currently playing Bactria, swooping into India and capturing those three cities as my first conquest. My horse archer spam army that works so well in vanilla Rome is performing pathetically bad against the multi-elephant armies of India. Seems like pikes and javelins do well against them, but I'm stubborn.

Do you have a recommended difficulty? I'm playing on H/H and have no complaints so far.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrickpeppers View Post
    Stayed up till 5am playing this and I'm having a blast. I'm a Darthmod veteran, but I've never had as much fun with that mod as I had with this. It feels like Rome 2 has been made remade in the Rome 1 engine, minus all the actual disappointment of Rome 2.

I'm currently playing Bactria, swooping into India and capturing those three cities as my first conquest. My horse archer spam army that works so well in vanilla Rome is performing pathetically bad against the multi-elephant armies of India. Seems like pikes and javelins do well against them, but I'm stubborn.

Do you have a recommended difficulty? I'm playing on H/H and have no complaints so far.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the mod mate; brightens an otherwise crappy day

I always play VH/VH; for maximum pressure and stress =D. Be warned though; the enemy will spam stack after stack at you (my campaign as Carthage against Rome has ground to a halt; I defeat stack after stack yet cannot expel them from the peninsula - turned into a pure war of attrition).

Defeating elephants is nigh impossible with missile fire. Although I hear fire arrows is a good strategy

Sorry about your crappy day. May they be few and far between. I do have three issues if I could take up some more of your time.

Firstly, I've noticed the battle starts with the camera pointed at your army from the front, away from the enemy. This is a small issue, but my deficient brain is having trouble shaking off thousands of hours of experience that train me to think the enemy army is in front, rather than behind the camera. I arranged my troops the wrong way three times in a couple of hours last night.

Secondly, in a vanilla battle you can double click a unit and the camera leisurely scrolls over to a position just behind that unit. Normally you can push a key and the camera will speed much faster toward your target unit. In this mod I have noticed that pushing a key to speed along the camera once it's started moving toward a unit merely halts the camera. Again, a minor annoyance.

Oops. Accidentally cut off my third point.

Thirdly, I've noticed that my starting generals retain the 'Young' trait until their natural death, sometimes in their 60's. Not sure if this only affects starting generals as I haven't made it that far in the game yet. Very minor, but it seems like a bug.

I'm really enjoying the mod. May your days shine brighter.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by patrickpeppers View Post
    Sorry about your crappy day. May they be few and far between. I do have three issues if I could take up some more of your time.

Firstly, I've noticed the battle starts with the camera pointed at your army from the front, away from the enemy. This is a small issue, but my deficient brain is having trouble shaking off thousands of hours of experience that train me to think the enemy army is in front, rather than behind the camera. I arranged my troops the wrong way three times in a couple of hours last night.

Secondly, in a vanilla battle you can double click a unit and the camera leisurely scrolls over to a position just behind that unit. Normally you can push a key and the camera will speed much faster toward your target unit. In this mod I have noticed that pushing a key to speed along the camera once it's started moving toward a unit merely halts the camera. Again, a minor annoyance.
    Cheers!

As to your issues; I've never encountered the 1st point - maybe it's your camera settings? Try changing them in Options.

The second one I'm aware of; I can look into it and see what the problem could be.

The third one is an issue; I'll certainly give it some thought!

Again, glad you're enjoying it =)

Playing a Roman campaign on VH/VH now. Pretty cake once you lock down the peninsula. I built an Imperial Palace and the Marian Reforms did not take place. Does it occur during a certain date? Getting tired of not having long range archers. Jonesing for my archer auxilia.

Never mind. I reread the mod description. I already own Carthage and its growth is obscene so I should be getting that second huge city soon.

I downloaded and played this game yesterday, I'm not sure how I missed this Gem. Its terrific, I turn off all my game settings with very high unit detail and use reshade, Even with low settings the shields are very well done, Not many mods get the right thickness for shields, great job
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]