Thread: Gratz to Dogbert & co

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Gratz to Dogbert & co

For their ESL shows. I'll actually eat my own hat and say this wasn't so bad to watch. I recommend anyone who's fairly interested in competitive gaming or total war in general to check out their recent VODS: http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial/v/25633743

The games are an "introduction" to Arena between Lionheart's Warcast team (yes, warcast) Vs. Prince "I'm the best RTW player" Macedon leading Team Murica. Lionheart is a very good TW youtuber and Macedon is an old veteran from competitive multiplayer scene.

Also, great seeing Deman "I DO NOT BELIEVE" Smith bringing in the play by play was great and loaded with enthusiasm, brought along by Dogbert's nuance color cast made me pop into que again.

They probably won't see this, but if you do, thumbs up guys.

...and the puns... DoA and Phreak would be proud. He he.

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; November 24, 2015 at 05:19 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Gratz to Dogbert & co

Being a long time League of Legends player means that I've had the fortunate luck of listening to Deman cast many times previously and I can happily say I am impressed by how quickly he has picked up alot of the games nuances and tactics and translated that into a clear and educating cast. Couple this with Dogbert's expanded knowledge and this has the potential to draw in good numbers of viewers if CA decide to invest in developing an esports scene.

From what I've seen dogbert usually checks this subforum every so often so I'm sure he'll see your praise at some point.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Roxas View Post
    Being a long time League of Legends player means that I've had the fortunate luck of listening to Deman cast many times previously and I can happily say I am impressed by how quickly he has picked up alot of the games nuances and tactics and translated that into a clear and educating cast. Couple this with Dogbert's expanded knowledge and this has the potential to draw in good numbers of viewers if CA decide to invest in developing an esports scene.
    Deman told me today he's played the TW series from around M1TW, so it's not completely new. It's still no less impressive.

What I would really like is if I could be reminded of these things in the Total War Client the next time, as is the case with League's client with such streams. Their viewer count jump from 10-40 K to 200-300 K+ when they do it. Primetime/LCK versus LCS. A direct link to a stream, count-down timer and some special mini-story on the top players preferably. Loads of people still play their titles, and what better way to draw in people than from the main pool. Arena is surprisingly similar. I don't know, it feels natural and I had hoped I could've watched it live. : )

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Tbh I didn't like this ESL event. But no offense to CA or Dogbert.

The reason is, one team almost always camped and other couldn't organize good offense. But even if they could, atm defending is more effective under same circumstances.
    Hoping this will be fixed some day.

Thanks for your kind words means a lot to me.