Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - General Discussion -

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: - General Discussion -

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus
    I'm First Citizen Gallienus, and I approve this message.
    Thanks FCG, you're always so kind and so generous with me!

Now, waiting for news about the Mod (yeah, OK, I'm a hopeless optimist!), a brief summer tale about family, christians, saints and noses:

Talis pater .. .. talis filius:

Without considering the mom .. (another "imperial" nose ..)

So, it's evident to me that, in those early years, Christianity was all a matter of nose ..

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

ofc. as julian called him: the fragrant giant. constantine and theodosius families did behave like pillars of salt.
    all matter of nose. of saint relics. even if i go in the park, me too can find a piece of true cross.for the true god.
    weird that many other statues of cesare, augusto, vespasiano, germanico, have the nose broken. while constantinian statues have that huge sense of smell.
    like litorio and marcellino (proudly pagans. 2 of the best officers of flavius aetius, the last was comes of dalmatia later, the uncle of julius nepote) sad once: these emperors (constantinians and theodosians.) would prefer be the successors of saint peter, rather than the divine augustus. sadly true. comparison between an augustus and a trajan and a valerian that pray standing up (roman religion is a precise label where if you wrong a passage you should restart from begin all the ritual. genuflection is considered humiliating, and one of the first rule is that you should not kneel in front of the gods. should pray standing up to the altar, with the head covered.) and a theodosius complainer in front of ambrogio, well that's highlight the decadence of patres customs (ancestors customs.). sadly.
    sorry i'm doing irony guys. i dont wanna offend no one. (the religious freedom is one of the first valour of romanitas. together with dignitas, humanitas, pietas, etc etc).
    VALE.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 03, 2016 at 02:57 PM.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Yes the normal mod! Though not all realized what they promised!

i tried, but unsuccessfully : apparently a problem of initialising 3D audio (WTF ???)

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've colorized the head of Constantine, doing this I realized that in color the man seems even more evil. Now, seen that the Romans applied colors on their statues, we must presume that the effect was intentional, Constantine had to look disturbing! People watching his face had to feel some form of .. reverential fear, or terror, in case of emotively unstable people, at least this is my impression. Anyway, also in this case I think we can actually talk of "Expressionism" of the Late Roman art.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12