Thread: Darthmod crashing at splash

Default Darthmod crashing at splash

Hello, I'm trying to use Darthmod in the steam version of Medieval 2 and it does not work. As soon as I get to the splash I immediatly get told that M2TW has encountered an "unspecified error" and needs to close.

Default Re: Darthmod crashing at splash

Me too, as soon as I start the campaign game it crashes.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Same here, but i think i found the problem. Apparently the installer is missing some files

00:16:22.582 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:16:22.582 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    00:16:22.585 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:16:22.585 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    00:16:22.587 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:16:22.587 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    00:16:22.590 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:16:22.590 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    00:16:22.592 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:16:22.596 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    00:16:22.597 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    00:16:22.597 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    00:16:22.598 [system.io] [warning] open: DarthMod/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    etc
    etc
    not gunna post the whole thing.

I might try installing a previous version and then 1.4D over it

Does anyone have a fix for this? I just freshly installed M2TW and then the mod over it and it crashes at startup splash screen...

NVM! Found the fix:

I was able to get DarthMod to work with a solution that is found in the Readme. The solution is found at the bottom and says:

*** "If you have a non-English version of MIITW, and are experiencing CTD's.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

When clicking on armies or characters. It appears that there is some incompatibility in the sound files. A special thanks to @[FtN] Gebirgsjäger for sorting this problem out.
    The following steps will correct this problem:
    1) Delete the files in DarthMod\data\sounds
    2) Copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Darth\data\sounds"

Now I found that step one is not needed. I just did step two and overwrote the files in Darth\data\sounds. It worked for me and I hope it works for you. Hopes this helps.

Also one thing to note. When I first tried it I had no sounds in the game even with vanilla. I uninstalled Darthmod and then validated system cache in Steam. After I reinstalled the mod and performed step 2 and all is well. Also it says that this fix is for non-English versions but it stilled worked. Cheers.

-Amadeus

Thank you, that step 2 was all I needed to do to fix my problem.