Thread: Error revised..

Default Error revised..

So, Ive upgraded my computer because It died and I was unable to play third age 3 without battle crashes after trying solutions online still had no luck. I am able to play moss but it wouldnt let me fight some battle or play as Isengard or use certain mordor units, Black uruks for example, would crash on loading a battle. I was told this was because my computer was over 12 years old and could barely manage to play the game. Well with it being dead I got a new computer, brought the requirements for a few games and told them this Is what I need so I got a computer that can play this game above and beyond much faster then before.. only same problems.

SO it cannot be my computer but the game itself, whether the download your offering is corrupted or kept getting corrupted on download
    or its some coding in the actual game itself. Anyone help me with this!??
    The error message I get is "Medievel 2 has encounted an unexpected error and must close."

New specs are,
    Window's 8.1
    500 GB HDD
    4GB DDR3 Ram
    Intel HD Graphics Video Card
    Intel J1900 Processor.

So what would be causing the battle crashes for Isengard faction, these few random settlements, and the odd Mordor unit?

Laetus

Icon3 Re: Error revised..

Hello mate. Im having the same issue.
    Not always,but in a lot of battles(it never crashes while on the campaign map) the game gives me like 2-3' into the battle and then crashes with the note "Medieval 2 has encounted an unspecific error and will now exit". Again it doesnt happen too often but still,it cuts me down when i need to play some battles.. Im using windows 7 and ive read a possible solution here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-battle-maps an answer lies in the 5th reply or so.
    Last night was daylight savings. Possible that is the cause?

I also am getting this error.

Update!! I believe daylight savings may in fact be the problem. Just tried unclicking the "automatically adjust for daylight savings" checkbox on the Windows date/time and custom battle loaded fine without crashing.

There must be something in the mod that is looking at the date/time and it's getting screwed up by daylight savings.

Last edited by brasswire; March 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
    However i did it,changes time zone and un-clicked the box,even run the game as admin. It still wouldnt let me play that specific battle...If you manage to pull it,please share

Default Re: Error revised..

Well Ive managed to get them all working! Must of been how my old computer downloaded it. At Turgon92, I havent found this specific battle yet, but I will keep my eyes open as I am playing out and will let you know.