Thread: I have decided to unhide my development version temporarily.

Default I have decided to unhide my development version temporarily.

You can find it here, on the steam workshop.

Consider this a "Thank You" to everyone for the support you have given Tuskmod thus far, and a brief celebration of Tuskmod's victory in the CA Modding Awards as I begin work on a (slightly Different then what I had previously planned) update.

I have decided to start a new AI from scratch. Not because I didn't like BACAI, but because I want to learn how to reach the same level of expertise in the field of AI as well, and I wanted to take a different path to the same goal of having a great campaign AI. I like presenting my community with choices, and using mod-components that were born in my own mind is the best way to create new options for you all... Therefor, I will instead be studying every bit of AI mod I can find, gathering them all and taking the best behaviors I can find, and putting them all together in the best way I am able to piece them together.

May we see many more updates, and a better campaign.

Afternoon 1: Fiddled around greatly with axe infantry in addition to setting up much of the AI tweaks. Settled on making Axe Heerban a cheaper unit.

Additionally, I have begun altering the accuracy of units precursor volley as a means of controlling the power of charges.

Buffed the Health of melee light cavalry units, as it was desperately needed.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: I have decided to unhide my development version temporarily.

unhidden beta of tuskmod

What is in the oven:

Currently, this contains the new Roman Empire faction traits, some AI tweaks that will make the AI prioritize expansion and development more then... Whatever it normally wastes its funds on... It also makes AI's more willing to fight each other in field battles, and includes some tweaks focused on making the AI assume its "natural" boarders are much larger then they would be in a vanilla campaign.

This last bit is interesting, as this will completely change the priorities, the end game goals, of most AI factions, whom will normally just want to make a two province kingdom.

It also tweaks the AI handicaps a little, to make the functions that are designed to kill empires more in scale with what the AI is smart enough to handle, as the roman empires really should be something that takes a more concentrated effort to kill off for good.

Later versions will expand the diplomacy system as well, and fix any battle mechanics issues I spot (Like always.)

In the description you mentioned "the AI will consider it's natural borders to be much larger than vanilla campaign". What exactly does this mean with for example A.I. WRE and Franks? Are they going to seek to conquer 2x it's normal size or something rather than stay docile? Do they have a set of regions they'll prefer, such as historical expansions or is it random?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.