Thread: Spain Vs. Moors Custom Battle

Default Spain Vs. Moors Custom Battle

Hey everyone,

This is my first time doing something like this so I would like feedback. Please tell me what you think and how I could improve this. I hope you like it. Thanks.

It was a calm, clear summer morning and the Moors had come under attack by Spanish forces. A young, fresh general named Diego led the Spanish forces while the battle-hardened, older general named Suqua led the Moors. Spain had supplied Diego with a fully upgraded veteran unit of dismounted chivalric knights, but otherwise, his forces were new to the art of war. The Moors had fought in many battle together, so although outnumbered, they were better trained and had more morale. As morning broke, the forces met.

Quick Statistics of the Battle-----
    Map: Palm Beach
    Difficulty: VH
    Florins: Just Over 10K
    A Clear, Summer Morning

Armies (Upgrades In Parenthesis)-----
    Spain: 1 General's Bodyguard, 1 Dismounted Chivalric Knights (Everything Fully Upgraded), 2 Sword and Buckler Men, 4 Swordsmen Militia, and 2 Peasant Archers.

Moors: 1 Bodyguard (1 Gold Chevron), 2 Urban Militia (Each 1 Silver Chevron), 1 Hashashim (1 Gold Chevron), 1 Desert Archers (1 Silver Chevron), and 2 Dismounted Tuareg (Each 1 Silver Chevron)

At the start of the battle, Diego surveys his forces.

The interesting formation set by the Spanish forces, which the Moors were not familiar with.

The Moors begin their charge towards the Spanish line, while coming under fire from the bowman and losing many men.

The Moor general, Suqua, stays at the back of his line to keep his men in check.

The two forces collide!

The warriors fight to the death in hand-to-hand combat with no regard for safety.

After the first Spanish line breaks, the second line charges in to deal with the enemy.

The final Spanish line charges in to help the second line. The dismounted chivalric knights will be able to hold them off.

General Diego charges toward General Suqua.

The two generals meet and prepare to fight to the end, neither force giving ground.

General Diego is killed in battle and shortly after the Spanish army routs, but not without many losses for the Moors. General Suqua escapes with his life.

The battle results.

Default Re: Spain Vs. Moors Custom Battle

It was a nice read. I would add bigger battles with more of a backstory in the future. But, I liked this one.

Thank you for the feedback. Next time I will definitely try to add more of a backstory to the battle which is what I wanted to try to do anyway. It was so late though, so I was just practicing. Thanks.

damn, you lost with a numerical advantage.

Haha, I know. I think I was tired, at least I hope that was the problem.

fun reading and great screenshots!

looking forward to your next aar keep it up

form lines a do not break them, today we break the enemy!