Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bèta version of RTRVII Platinum released!

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bèta version of RTRVII Platinum released!

you're welcome

Ps: The skiritai will have 20-40-80-160 men in the next release because of gameplay reasons =P you were right that 15-30-60-120 men is a bit too small for an unique unit that isn't recruitable =P

Nice, oh and another question. I can't play mod with steam version (RTW Gold), is that only me or everyone else is having that problem? I had to download pirated 1.6 version of RTW+BI for it to work.

Well I'm able to play it with the steam version, are you sure that you made the exe large address aware?

Yes, I did. The problem I get with steam version is in "descr_sm_factions" file, something with "horde_min_units" line.

Can anyone upload the mod to another web disk,such as mega.co.nz?

Update: I'm now working on a script that increases the difficulty during the campaign if it gets too easy, stay tuned!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium90 View Post
    Yes, I did. The problem I get with steam version is in "descr_sm_factions" file, something with "horde_min_units" line.
    I get that error too if I run it with RTW 1.5 instead of BI 1.6. Maybe try to launch the mod this way instead of putting a shortcut on your desktop:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone upload the mod to another web disk,such as mega.co.nz?
    I'll do that as soon as I have time
    Last edited by 20ninescene; February 22, 2016 at 01:15 PM.

Downloaded new version and did that steps, now it works, thanks.

you're welcome
    Ps: I will also release a version for rtw 1.5 & rtw alexander soon
    Last edited by 20ninescene; February 29, 2016 at 05:55 AM.

Can't wait for the Alexander version! I have noticed that the engine performs a little better than the original RTW. Will it be the same mod or something different?

It will, be generally the same but there will be some benefits but also downsides:
    Benefits:
    -better AI
    -more stability
    -the AI retrains it's units
    -better working "peace with the death" script since the Cimbri will be unable to horde
    -more variation in officers
    -some mercs will be only available to certain factions, for example Roman Deserters
    -the dreaded, seemingly ages-old phalanx bug of Rome: Total War is fixed
    -storms do work
    -e.t.c.

Downsides:
    -some units won't have the shield wall and swimming ability
    -the Cimbri will be unable to horde.
    -more lag
    -custom battles do not work for some strange reason
    Last edited by 20ninescene; March 13, 2016 at 12:44 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kutemo View Post
    It will, be generally the same but there will be some benefits but also downsides:
    Benefits:
    -better AI
    -more stability
    -the AI retrains it's units
    -better working "peace with the death" script since the Cimbri will be unable to horde
    -more variation in officers
    -some mercs will be only available to certain factions, for example Roman Deserters
    -the dreaded, seemingly ages-old phalanx bug of Rome: Total War is fixed
    -storms do work
    -e.t.c.

Downsides:
    -some units won't have the shield wall and swimming ability
    -the Cimbri will be unable to horde.
    -more lag
    -custom battles do not work for some strange reason
    Custom Battles don't work because of how Alexander uses the 'campaign' folder in the 'Alexander' directory. The actual Alexander campaign itself is self-contained in the 'Alexander' folder, with all of the Alexander map files in there. The 'Battlefields' folder is set up like the old RTW map...actually, it IS the old RTW Vanilla map, and Custom battles use that. I ran into this trying to get RSIII to work with Alex. How to solve this?

Well, RSIII isn't modfoldered, so there were two solutions. First, make all of the maps correspond to the RSIII maps, and the pertinent files in Alex to RSIII files.....in otherwords, turn Alexander folder into a 'quasi-RSIII' folder.
    The other solution is a lot simpler....delete the Alexander folder. Then Alexander can use the :mod switch to look for something else. Don't know how this would work with RTRVII, since it's modfoldered, but I'm sure a little experimentation would fix it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Well I noticed that the custom battle bug is fixed when I make RTRVII non modfoldered so I'll make a non-modfoldered version of RTRVII for alexander with dvk901's settlements. I tried myself to implement the settlements (again) but I get ctd's when I load battles. @dvk what files do I need to implement your settlements into a non-modfoldered version RTRVII? I'll also try if I can implement the unique cities (with ports) properly using custom tiles so my next question is which cities need a custom tile to work properly I also have two other issues: 1. the UI is not working properly 2. the vanilla music is playing. If I fixed all those things I might make seperate mod folders for each campaign.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; March 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM.

Isn't there an alternative to making it non-modfoldered? Because, as such, you need a separate installation of the game just for this one mod

Looks good . Good luck.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    Isn't there an alternative to making it non-modfoldered? Because, as such, you need a separate installation of the game just for this one mod
    Well there is one other option to implement dvk901's settlements and that is to make a mod foldered version that is installed on top of RSIII anyway I think dvk901's settlements will still have to wait till version 5.0 because a (modfoldered) 4.0 release is coming soon.
    Ps: v4.0 will not be a beta anymore!
    Last edited by 20ninescene; March 21, 2016 at 01:49 AM.

Great! Waiting for it!

I play like 3 turns and it crashes. Load the save up and it crashes again. Is anyone else getting this?
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

Keep in mind that this version is still a beta, a stable release (v4.0) will come out in a week or two weeks.
    btw: can you give me some information about your crash so I can fix it?
    -which faction where you playing?
    -what is the last thing that happened on the screen before it crashed?
    -do you have show_err turned on? if so, did you get an error message?
    -did it happen during the AI turn? if so have you tried toggling the fog of war off to see what's going on just before the game crashes
    -did it happen while scrolling over the campaign map?
    -did it happen when you were loading a battle?
    -did it happen during a battle?

Thank you very much for your report ps: if you want to start a campaign for your youtube channel you should wait till version 4.0 is ready because bèta version 3.x has some issues.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; March 29, 2016 at 06:49 AM.

It happened after I just one a battle. click end turn and it just crashes. Playing Roman fraction. No error code. I reinstalled it....but same issue. After 3-4 turns it just stops working. Seems to be after a battle and then ending the turn around turn 3. I gave up trying to get it to work.....I don't have the saves because I re-installed. But I be happy to start a new campaign and if it happens again I can give you the save.

Also, just a note fro playing....I think everything is fantastic...except the speed of the units. They look cartoon, RS2 has great balance of the units and looks and feels natural. I just could not get over the speed of the units, just kinda ruined the feel of the battle. I can mod the speeds myself, no biggie. The rest looks really good from what I seen so far. Can't wait to try the v4.0.
    Last edited by est Dudus; March 29, 2016 at 09:38 PM.

Yep, just tried again and on 3rd turn just crashes....I have follow A.I characters on maybe that is it. This time I just auto-resolved the battles and same outcome.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast