Thread: At my wits end. Multiple computer related issues.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default At my wits end. Multiple computer related issues.

Hey, guys.

So I have no clue what's up with my PC these days. Might

Problem 1.
    I've recently tried playing Vermintide. Sometimes it launches, sometimes it doesn't. The way it happens is unlike anything described online. Basically, I click play, get a black screen and not responding. Then it hangs forever even if I kill the process through task manager. No one else seems to have the same issue online

So I figured I'd raise a ticket to the devs and the want a Dxdiag...

Problem 2.
    The Dxdiag refuses to save my information because it gets stuck on retrieving "system information". When I launch it a second time I can tell it to ignore retrieving system info, but that seems like a band aid and not a solution. Once again, my googling turns out nothing specific....

Exact error message goes something like "dxdiag has detected that last time there was problem accessing system information....."

Problem 3.
    My secondary hard drive has been causing me headaches recently, by sometimes freezing. So I figured I'd check if it's related to that. I opened Samsung Magician just to make sure that the main hard drive my SSD is fully functioning. It launches opens a window, then nothing. Can't click any buttons or close it but it doesn't give the "not responding" message ever, just gotta close it through task manager and it goes away. And again, I just can't google the answers.

Any ideas? Earlier this year my second graphics card stopped working watching this rig die is painful. It's soon 4 and a half years old.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Default Re: At my wits end. Multiple computer related issues.

Try testing your ram.

http://www.memtest.org/

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm not familiar with Vermintide. Is it an old(er) game with a disc? Do you use Windows 7, 8, or 10?

If yes, it could be related to the issue I outline here.

for problem 2, try reinstalling directx runtime (scroll down to manual installation), and then attempting dxdiag again. additionally, reinstalling graphic drivers, clean installation if you're not relying on any profile settings.

for vermintide, i would check if an anti-virus / anti spyware service running in the background is automatically closing stuff. sometimes they do that and don't warn you, and one thinks it's a bug with the game. the installation could have gotten corrupted somehow, if possible verify integrity or reinstall.

for problem 3, have you tried another disk analysis program? hard-drives tend to die, if youre approaching the 5 year mark i would start being wary of these freezes