Thread: The Amerial War

Default The Amerial War

Massive population bonuses coupled with massive building happiness bonuses. All this to make each individual city that much more important.

Massive population boom is in line with massive earnings and cheap troops.

Massive map and battles, with armies of 10 stacks or more on the campaign map.

No more spies, Assassins can double as spies, but no way to open city gates. Cities are too important to gameplay to allow silly spies to open them.

The gameplay will focus on large set piece battles with a wide variety of physical users in coordination with cavalry, infantry, artillery, and archers. The map will have more distance between cities, making each city at once more important, sieges more rare.

Units will be much cheaper and easier to produce, allowing for simply massive invasions and more field battles instead of boring sieges.

The focus will now be on combat. Extraneous M2TW options such as merchants, princesses will be eliminated.

Religion will play a key role in a faction's ability to summon angelic forces to help defeat its enemies.

The Castle/City differentiation is silly and pointless, each city is important, each city will at once be able to be a military center and an economic center. As it is in the real Nordam and co.

Invading armies will suffer from desertion and attrition problems.

Devastation will be a much greater issue, simulating the problems nations have with hostile armies on their soil.

The plague now has the ability to wipe out entire cities in only a few years.

More aggressive and smarter Campaign AIs.

More strategic locations on the battle map to make campaign map maneuvers more important.

Much shorter and cheaper recruitment times, more units can be recruited per turn.

Much cheaper and much shorter times to build buildings. More buildings may be built simultaneously.

Battle Map Gameplay:

Increased defense values of troops so that they take less losses over the same period of time. - Effectively slowing down battle speeds.

New units with new special abilities for different and more varied battles.

The plan is thus.

1. Release an excellent gameplay mod.

2. Revamp the map to first just make it different. That's the first plan, the European map is getting very old, the new plan is to change it drastically, and in incremental releases polish it.
    3. Create a fantasy world around the new gameplay.

If you want to join my team, you'll be subjected to my experimental and revolutionary team planning (There will be for example, many many development tools for us to work with, some of them quite new, some of them I'm developing myself), my personal leadership style (you might want to read my guide on leading mod teams, this will be my personal application of theory), and lots of heterosexual caressing.

Wanted thus far:
    Skinners and Modelers
    Text Editing People
    Map editing people
    Texture/image people for loading screens/banners and the like
    A video guy to make promotional videos
    A marketing guy.

if you're interested in the fantasy world, join the team and you'll find out more information. Public release of the information will be coming slowly.

Change list Version 1.0 (Everything on this list has already been done. More changes forthcoming.)
    Version 1.0
    ============\
    - Unit recruitment time is now zero.
    - Unit upkeep cost divided by 3.
    - Unit recruitment costs divided by 6.
    - Unit Defensive skill multiplied by 2.
    - Spurius' Bigmap Version 99 applied.
    - Made changes to decrease character speed on Spurius' BigMap.
    - Removed Castles
    - Vastly increased the effects of devastation.
    - Vastly reduced tax rates.
    - Tweaked the effects population limits for each building level.
    - Tweaked population growth rates.
    - Balanced money flow
    - Eliminated random rebel spawn
    - Gave the AI much more aggressive personalities.
    - Removed Merchants, those pesky annoying things.
    - The plague will rip your cities apart.

Tips for new gameplay:
    Watch your cities' health stats to avoid the plague.
    Invasions with one or two stacks are sure to fail, bring ten.
    Keep a large standing army at all times.

House rules for fun gameplay:
    Do not attack another faction unless it attacks you.
    Last edited by General Sun; December 25, 2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

Default Re: General Sun's Fantasy Mod

I can't help because I am not by any means a modder of any sort but I do hope that you can find some willing to help you. I think this could be a great and interesting mod if done well. I was just wondering what kind of factions you had in mind. For instance, minotaurs and orcs and those kinds of things?

My suggestion, get some (alot?) of work done, by yourself, THEN look for a team.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

a better idea.. wait for unpacker to be released before posting looking for a team. atm theres not much point.

id say id like to join the team.. but honestly by the time the patch is released and the unpacker with it ill likely have found something of more interest.

Shaio and Prof, yes that is what I am doing, if you read what it says in the first post.

I have the M2TW unpacker now and work has begun on step one. Will keep everyone posted!

Angel's Avatar Angeal

General, Ill love to merge with ya. I wouldnt mind being the text editor.
    Under the patronage of Hader

Default Re: The Amerial War

general sun , I'm willing to join the team if you'll have me... I'm fairly competent as a text editor, and have some minimal skills in modeling.( ill get better when i have a chance to practice. )

i also used to be good with flash, if you don't mind promotional vids in flash.

thats if your even still looking for modders.

Default Re: The Amerial War

Still looking for modders yep. Our team has now grown sizably. Shaio, if you would contact me on MSN, AIM, or anything such we can talk more. Information are in my profile or you can contact me via my website in my sig.

Meanwhile I updated the first post with new information.