Thread: [SubMod] Traditional icons

Default [SubMod] Traditional icons

Hello guys
    I always liked the DEI, but for a long time I didn't use this Mod because some of his changes aren't to my personal taste. One of this changes are the icons from TTT mod ... And well ... I decided to use this mod recently because of the new changes made in version 1.1 ... And so, I altered these details that I didn't like before.

This mod changes the icons back to a more similar version with the original game. (Some icons ARE from the original version, with no changes, others I just changed the color and the background, and others I created myself from scratch

Here is the Mod: http://www.4shared.com/file/pMBkThkJ..._icon_mod.html

Here is the Steam Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=553107226

And here are some images that make a comparison between the original Dei, and my version:

General Skills:

Agent Skills:

Households:

Army traditions:

Some Buildings:

PS: This is a graphic mod, it doesn't modify the bonus or the evolution tree of the skills in the game. Only the icons.
    PS1: I don't claim ownership for anything here... so you can use and modify at will
    PS2: It possibly work with the original TTT mod... But I'm not sure :/
    PS4: Sorry for my english ^^"

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [SubMod] Traditional icons

I really like your mod, it makes skills more clear. I will use it Thanks !

Thanks ^^ I did my best to make things as standardized and intuitive as possible

Nice work with the layouts and such explaining the differences.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks ^^ (I love your mod XD)

These look great, nice work.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Nice work, I'll be giving these a try for sure.

Yeah I like quite a few of these changes to make things uniform. I will say I prefer our army tradition icons, but maybe that is because I spent way too many hours making them

I must say, In this submod I prefer the skills colors of generals / agents. But I prefer advisors of DEI.

And for Tradtions I think I prefer DEI's icons too (But I would prefer if there is more uniformity, like for example some traditions have colors others dont).

Anyway in both ways, there is a lot of work, and its fabulous

Thank you all for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yeah I like quite a few of these changes to make things uniform. I will say I prefer our army tradition icons, but maybe that is because I spent way too many hours making them
    I could make a version for you removing the changes in the households... Is quite simple in fact... Although I noticed that you are a modder ... Anyway if you want to do it yourself, Just delete the UI with portraits and the part of the db with ancillaries.

Sorry ^^" I am not trying to teach Dresden how to create a mod ... Actually that answer should be for thomas_r ... There is some way to edit my comment?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpMontezuma View Post
    Sorry ^^" I am not trying to teach Dresden how to create a mod ... Actually that answer should be for thomas_r ... There is some way to edit my comment?
    Oh ok I will do that then. Thanks

And for edit your post its on the bottom right on the said post.

Ps : Montezuma was an aztec emperor no ? I know there was Moctezuma, but I'm not sure for Montezuma.
    Last edited by thomas_r; November 18, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

With your permission we may be able to incorporate some of these changes into the main mod at some point. Credit would be listed of course!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_r View Post
    Oh ok I will do that then. Thanks

And for edit your post its on the bottom right on the said post.

Ps : Montezuma was an aztec emperor no ? I know there was Moctezuma, but I'm not sure for Montezuma.
    Yes Montezuma was the last Aztec emperor ... I use this nickname since the time of the Age of Empires 2, which I used to play with the Aztecs
    And I think Montezuma and Moctezuma are the same person.

PS: I still haven't found the option to edit that message ... But whatever ^^"

With your permission we may be able to incorporate some of these changes into the main mod at some point. Credit would be listed of course!

You have full permission to use any part of my mod in DeI. I'll be honored by that ... Well... it's not necessery to mention my name... But... if you insist I won't complain :3

Sorry for my english... Again ^^"

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I second that...

Quote Originally Posted by ImpMontezuma View Post
    Yes Montezuma was the last Aztec emperor ... I use this nickname since the time of the Age of Empires 2, which I used to play with the Aztecs
    And I think Montezuma and Moctezuma are the same person.

PS: I still haven't found the option to edit that message ... But whatever ^^"
    Yup I checked and Moctezuma / Montzuma was the same person.

Its cool that some parts of your mod will be in DEI, Congratulation

These are incredible!

Subscribed! The OCD in me missed the unified nature of them. For what it's worth, I'll be using this mod out of preference if the main mod doesn't adopt the army tradition cards (sorry Dresden!)

Cheers

You guys really like the single color tradition cards? I always hated them, they seem so bland. I really like our flags and scrolls, but as I said I am biased.

Yeah, I like having the army traditions color-coded at least, like the other cards. I agree, the all-red ones seem pretty bland. But I do really like most of Montezuma's other changes.

You guys really like the single color tradition cards? I always hated them, they seem so bland. I really like our flags and scrolls, but as I said I am biased.
    Well ... if you want to know my opinion ... I think that would be better if you use only the skills icons of the generals and agents... Since it seems to be the part that most people liked the most... There's another reason for that too ... your household version is much more varied than mine ^^" ... what I did for the household in my mod was basically to use the same icons that the original game already had... (So there is a lot repeated icons in my version)... In fact I only created something new for households when there was absolutely nothing similar in the data bank to use ^^". I'm a lazy guy :3