Thread: A little Something for the SPQR Community

Icon10 A little Something for the SPQR Community

Hi all!

Im here because I thought Id tell a little story, I first joined twcenter when I was fourteen (I forgot the old account after years of disuse) after I purchased rtw after I came across gold edition in a eb games in toronto. I was blown away by this game and it has been my most played game my whole life. I sold my gaming pc two years ago and finally thought Id get back in tw and buy a new rig,(I have my own place now money ect) and I m dying for my old rtw experiences lol heres the point, SPQR was one of the first mods I tried when I discovered the wondeful world of modded TW and even now after years of playing darthmod empire Napoleon SS med 2 ect I never would have guessed the experience I found myself craving after 2 years without pc gaming? Thats right SPQR TW!

I think it says something that my purest and most enjoyable experience of tw was this mod, after trying RS 2 another favorite for a year before I sold my rig, Im finally back lol and its SPQR Ive missed!
    My deepest thanks to LT and others who helped idk who lol Im very grateful for this excellent mod!

I played when it was 6.0 to 7.0 I cant remember that clearly, any tips/info on 9.0? Plus I have a steam install now as my physical copies are still a my parents place unfortunately,I miss having the physical copies! Lol

Anyways thought Id share thanks again for the definitive Rome experience!!!

Saspio's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: A little Something for the SPQR Community

Hello,

I feel exactly the same and my story is similar.

I bought RTW when it came out and I found SPQR mod 6 i think and I was blown away. In 2009 i got rid of my PC and replaced it with iMac (thanks to my wife ...). Last year I got a new laptop at work and unfortunately my RTW cd copy did not work anymore.
    Therefore I bought a steam gold version and I installed SPQR 8.0. and I was happy again. I played it for like 6 months and LT released 9.0. Of corse I abandoned my 8.0 campaign (as LT suggested ) and started a new 9.0. campaign.

I have been playing it slowly since then and i love it. Its the only game beside CSS that I play regularly. I even stream it when I play and its a blast to watch just for the sake of the lovely Ceasar3 music (unfortunately twitch mutes the highlights due to the music copyright...).

LT we, who are about to play this game until we die, salute you!

----------------------------
    Age quod agis
    ----------------------------

I was happy to see many people still play and that lt continued updating the mod. I just started my 9.0 campaign, m and m as Im a bit rusty hahaha,I beat hannibal and theophanes gauls seigig genua typical haha. I always loved the action filled beginning, I like achieving those first victories! I love the update only two thingI miss are the old late legionary skins (new ones very RS) and the old start and loading screens red and spqr eagles and screenshots idk old menu just gives me the nostalgia! Lol

Its nice to read posts like this. The whole idea of the mod was to share with others, and to know others got enjoyment out of the Mod is reward enough.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

2 years late but hell ill chip in why not....

I came on the SPQR scene god knows how long ago in one of the earlier versions on TWC. Back then 10 years ago i had just ditched college and entered the world of work. Spent many a night on SPQR which kept me going through the cold nights (no money for heating lol). What a stupid little kid i was, could barely manage the first hannibal fights. Now here i am 10 years later, got divorced changed job 3 times had a kid, jacked work in and went to uni.... Ive also moved house countless times... And through all this time, whats been the only constant? You guessed it, SPQR. I have been playing the entire time for about 6 months overall a year for 10 years straight.

Its nice sometimes to just kick back with a glass of JD and remember the good old days when i was a stupid kid partying and playing SPQR. If i had money (some things never change) i would easily literally buy SPQR at full price like a AAA game standalone.

Cant thank you enough lt1956.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Hello,

I want to thank all of you again, and especially Ultra123 for that wonderful story. This is EXACTLY why I released SPQR for everyone, because even if ONE person finds pleasure from this mod, then it was all worth it!

Lt1956
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Just an Update for any interested! I have a plan to post screenshots and maybe some legion spreadsheets for my 2019-2020 campaign, I'm still finishing the campaign...I am over 1300 turns into it. I just love Rome total war and this mod so I keep coming back regularly to work on this almost two year long campaign. Anyways hope everyone else is still enjoying this timeless classic!