Thread: New Turn 1 Unit rosters.

Default New Turn 1 Unit rosters.

Now. I have realized, I have teased nearly every other segment of my community with this new feature of tuskmod, but I have forgotten to tease the most important one for the Tough War update...

The early game unit rosters are completely revamped, and a major chunk of the unit upgrades and obsoletion have been broken to accommodate this.

In general, you can expect hordes to start out with very good roster variety, for what is hopefully a very acceptable and simple reason... The civil gameplay of the hordes is less meaty then that of civilized factions. Fewer mechanics, and more limiters on how often you are allowed to take actions that advance the civil development of hordes.

This doesn't mean I have neglected civilized factions, so far, I have revamped the German, Nordic, Roman, Hunnic, and Sassanid recruitment schemes, in both their settled, and horde recruitment schemes (That is, if they are capable of becoming a horde, of course.)

Turn 1 Geats:

I am really happy with this recruitment scheme in particular, as it gives the Nords a large variety of inexpensive units.... And Expensive Axe warriors. What isn't shown here is how strong nordic garrisons are. As Nodric band no longer eventually evolves into Nordic warriors, I have decided to make it so Nordic band no longer shows up as a garrison unit, outside of a handful of Turn 1 Garrisons for the AI which will find themselves being expediently replaced by Nordic Warriors.

Now. I may be wrong, but the Nords managed to do a fairly good job of avoiding being conquered by one another... Well. other then the Angles. Poor Angles.

Turn 1 Langobards:

Fairly close to of most Turn 1 German rosters, but clearly not nearly as aggression focused as the hordes. Civil development is more interesting for settled factions, so the turn one rosters shouldn't be too overwhelming. The main benefit when it comes to available units for settled factions is much earlier access to bows and crossbows over hoards, the best options for range, and ammo per unit when it comes to the skirmishing game. As such, civil factions will benefit much more from tank-like units, as their skirmishers have the option to be able to continue to provide combat support for much longer then hordes.

Turn 1 Goths:

I felt it was silly that shirtless men were so hard to recruit, and yes, Germanic Spearmen no longer replace Germanic levy.

Turn 1 Vandals:

The unfortunate thing with the Vandals is how few land units they actually have access to. This left me without much choice as to their special Turn 1 Horde unit. The nice thing about this screen is you can see the price reductions on levy-tier units seriously helping the early game vandal budget!

Turn 1 Alans:

Now. This one probably seems like a smaller change to the starting dynamics of a faction... But in practice, it is one of the most entertaining ones. Sarmatian mounted skirmishers are a ludicrously funny unit to play with, especially with the Alani faction trait. Show up, throw your javelins at them, and leave them an IOU note for more javelins. Its a brilliant plan. 10/10.

Turn 1 Huns:

Probably the most subtle one.... Because what I changed the most wasn't their turn 1 roster, but rather, their turn 6 roster.

That is correct. Early lancers, spear cavalry that simply does not obsolete, and plenty of potential for glorious slaughter.... Ok. I admit. The Huns barely changed from the last version of tuskmod, because they didn't need to. Really, all they needed was non-obsoleting spear cavalry, and early shock cav.

All with the new AI, too...

Of course, the issue with showing of the Empires Rosters in this post is that I would have to post screenshots of dozens of provinces to actually show you everything they CAN recruit early on.... So instead, I will leave them for you to explore yourself.

Right now, whats holding this back from all reaching tuskmod core at once is going to be me updating dynamic garrisons, and finding a solution for the current issues tuskmod now has with the Last Roman Campaign.
    I hope to have both done sometime today.
    (Hopefully, my tendency of being bad at estimating how much work a task will actually take wont end up biting me again....)

Edit: I am getting to the 90% point, but I am on the boarder of passing out as well. If I can finish it, I will... But... My energy is definitely reaching its end.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 08, 2015 at 10:26 PM.