Thread: Tuskmod would like your help.

Default Tuskmod would like your help.

We need to get this next version tested, as it has so much stuff in it for the campaign:

• The Tough War AI, a Frankenstein's monster based on Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Better Aggressive CAI, has been integrated into Tuskmod.
    • Unit recruitment trees have been heavily revamped for the Germans, Huns, Romans, and Sassanids, generally focusing on allowing for a full range of basic unit types to be recruited much earlier in the campaign.
    • Heavy rebalancing of early-game maintenance costs has been introduced. Basic units should in general be more affordable to prevent the first few turns of having been dropped deep into enemy territory... From becoming about civil horde development.
    • And of course, the standard tuskmod refining of everything battle mechanics.
    • Limitanei have been made an exciting unit.
    • Seriously.

In general, from this point onward, you can expect tuskmod to dedicate itself much more to good campaign gameplay, in addition to doing its best to keep its battles as something that could be considered tournament ready.

Of course, the reason for me releasing this as a separate release is to test various factors with the new version, such as its compatibility with old tuskmod saves. At the end of this weekend, when I expect the two dynamic garrisons mods to be done, I hope to release this version as the main tuskmod-line. Hoping isn't enough to make up for the potential of lost saves, so I want to make sure nothing is suspect instead.

Enough rambling.
    The file, the file....

Right. Forum uploads only accept ZIP files.
    One Momen... Got it.

Tuskmod_Tough_War Testing version.zip

Enjoy, report your findings, give feedback, tell Walrus he is a pretentious thief.... What is possible is whatever you want it to be (Except in the off chance that you happen to be wrong about whats possible. Sorry!)

Edit: ONE FINAL bit of information, this version does not support the Last Roman Campaign yet. The reason for this is simple: The unit obsolete in the earlier versions of this was getting glitched out heavily by the Last Roman Campaigns technology tree, so I had to break the last roman campaign in a few ways to get the vanilla campaign to work as it should.

I will be going back and fixing the last roman campaign, as it is a decent experience.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 06, 2015 at 08:53 PM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Tuskmod would like your help.

Well one thing for sure the tough war was based on BACAI hard version, judging from difficult handicap, i quite sure its more then enough to bulldozer any player, either pro or newbie lvl. I think you should tell the player regarding what monster they faced on it. Hard version itself considered as super cheat edition and the ultimate CAI by combined the heavy buff + superb fine tune Campaign AI logic, giving birth to superior AI faction ready to grind any player to death in couple turn, dedicated for extreme play, Its utilize what Radious mod massive spam attack with better coordinate AI logic, make it very deadly once the AI hold couple stack in his hand.

The pro :
    1. Human player almost 100 % doomed
    2. Very extreme campaign
    3. Absolutely entertaining, since you can bet there will be lot epic siege battle

The Con :
    - AI will be more eager to declare war to human , since their are more stronger then human, so yeah the strong crush the weak it was inevitable. But that the risk of letting AI have more power and money then you.
    - Lots of tiring battle less of peace time
    - Almost unbeatable campaign , unless you beat it via BAI exploit during battle or you also use cheat money

Fame level is not updated, some of new cai task priority logic also not update, hmm hmm . I think you should update it. Force stanced is need to be removed also, since its capable to ruin the entire ai logic made CAI do bad move and bad call for manouver its army, its very magnified on The last roman DLC .

Its my review based on looking the content inside the mod itself

• The Tough War AI, a Frankenstein's monster based on Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Better Aggressive CAI, has been integrated into Tuskmod.
    Well never know hard version was Frankenstein monster , i guess it wil fit the name. You realy owe me lots of rep from massive overhaul like this

• Unit recruitment trees have been heavily revamped for the Germans, Huns, Romans, and Sassanids, generally focusing on allowing for a full range of basic unit types to be recruited much earlier in the campaign.
    This is it actually the selling point and the booster of the CAI i think, since the problem with the game itself was not the cai problem on this part rather unit variety limit from building itself, even the CAI do have money they cant make proper balance army if they cant access it easier . So lots of variation mean more balance and good offensive. I think this is where the Tusk mod Tough of War will shine on.

• Heavy rebalancing of early-game maintenance costs has been introduced. Basic units should in general be more affordable to prevent the first few turns of having been dropped deep into enemy territory... From becoming about civil horde development.
    Interesting the idea itself was good, but i think its only good for human player since the AI already have lots of bonus . But yeah seem nice addition for human.Its do help CAI a little bit

• And of course, the standard tuskmod refining of everything battle mechanics.
    • Limitanei have been made an exciting unit.
    Not my area of expertize, cant give much comment on it

Will give more review after i actually play the campaign (which i have less time to do it actually because real life bs). However i can say the Tough of War itself was very good mod , the problem was the flexibility since its force player to only play on hard version. Overall its should be good mod.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; November 07, 2015 at 05:37 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

A good review, and yes. I do intend for the tough war to be.... Tough. It would be disappointing if I called it the tough war and it wasn't.

...but there is one factor I would like to point out:

While the AI is extremely aggressive, this is generally because I know that the Dynamic Garrisons Submod tends to decrease AI aggressiveness. The risk of engaging a city is much larger then in normal total war.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Well dont worry, with hard version the AI will have more power to chew any city he/she likes. That the beauty of hard version actually, more power, more money, more fire power. Anyways its realy good call, trust me , if you kill the bonus and put extra garrision or anystuff that increase city defense, you will made the AI that already poor cant have any option to siege any city. However they can focus to kill army outside city instead.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I have noticed the hard AI is pretty proficient at mulching lone cities if they need to. One of my first tests was as the Huns, where I watched my fellow steppe people quickly force the Slavic peoples into a migratory state despite having to fight through some VERY fortified cities.

Of course, it helped that the hordes were all banding together in what was one of the most terrifying things I had ever seen.