Hey, new to the forum. I picked up M2TW two days ago, started a nice lil campaign with Venice. Milan broke our alliance and attacked my capital. I had stocked good up on crossbows and bowmen. So, they're coming with a couple of spearmen and some horses, a ram and a ladder-unit. Im thinking, this will be like in Rome TW, I'll just put all my archers up on the wall facing the enemy, and they will be toast in no time. But, to my surprise, I cant deploy units around before the battle, like placing them on the walls and infront of gates. It just places the units in random places, some on the far side of where the enemies are, so they have to run to the other side, making them exhausted.

When the battle has loaded, the camera takes me around the city and ****. Then I press a button to skip it, and it promptly takes me to the city square. A box appears containing the button; "Start battle". I press it, and I'm "live", the battle has started. Then I have to pause the game, locate all my units and place them to counter the enemy.

Is it just me, or? How do you place out units when defending a city/castle?

Please help