Thread: 320BC Start Mod

Default 320BC Start Mod

Hello everyone,

I have some ideas for a new campaign, using the RTRVII mod and maintaining historical accurate units and characters, with a campaign start date of 320BC. I have chosen 320BC as a new campaign start date as many important events and wars were happening around the Mediterranean Sea.

On the Italian Peninsula, Rome is at war with Samnium in the Second Samnite War. In 321BC, Rome suffered a humiliating defeat at the Battle of the Caudine Forks near Beneventum where a whole Roman army and two Consuls, Titus Veturius Calvinus and Spurius Postumius Albinus, were effectively trapped in a gorge and faced starvation after being trapped by the Samnites. The Romans were subdued by trickery by Samnite warriors disguised as shepherds, warning the Romans of a false siege at Lucera with the Consuls quick to react to the news and taking the quickest route, between a gorge near Mount Taburno. The Romans were forced to surrender on terms of the Samnite general, Gaius Ponitus and hand over their spears, which was seen as cowardly and dishonourable for a Roman soldier to lose his spear.. let alone hand over to the enemy. Without lifting a sword, the Samnites and Rome concluded on a rocky five year peace treaty .. yet the Romans were eager to repair the reputation that was lost.

.... I will continue the historical aspect of the mod. I am looking for helpers if anyone is interested.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: 320BC Start Mod

If you pushed the start date back a bit, you could do Philip of Macedon era, you could brake up the Italian peninsula,have the Romans and Italian League and Magna Grecia factions, have Alexander of Epirus in Sicily, have a Persian faction in Asia Minor, Chaldician League, Alexander the Great would be a child. maybe use a few units from Roma Surrectum or whatever.

Anything happening with this idea? I have free time and know a little about modding the text files and might be able to help.

----------------

New projects have arisen and I must withdraw my offer.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; June 23, 2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: changed circumstances

I have been busy since last year. I am currently looking at a 336BC start with the death of Phillip and the rise of young Alexander. I need some help to complete this however, specifically in regards to historians and faction creating. I will update with progress.