Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Kings- A SS 6.4 HotSeat campaign {TWC/MTWII Gaming Group}

Default Re: The King of Kings- A SS 6.4 HotSeat campaign {TWC/MTWII Gaming Group}

especially England. No longer will England have free reign over the British Isles.

what do you mean by this ?

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The King of Kings- A SS 6.4 HotSeat campaign {TWC/MTWII Gaming Group}

Map update

This HS will be up and running later today/tonite Please take this time to read the rules carefully and let me know if I forgot something or if you think something needs to be changed.
    And now I am going to get some well earned
    Last edited by Macrath; December 20, 2015 at 06:21 AM.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

France does seem a bit underpowered, doesnt it

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why did you give territories to an AI faction? (Milan)
    you also gave Hungary several territories but the ERE has lost some?
    i also think 3 forts per region is way too high and spies should be allowed to open gates with 60% odds needed to infiltrate the settlement
    Last edited by themzr; December 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Map update

This HS will be up and running later today/tonite Please take this time to read the rules carefully and let me know if I forgot something or if you think something needs to be changed.
    And now I am going to get some well earned
    Does the map accurately show the factions starting positions? If so I really like what you did, especially adding Norway and giving the Teutonic Order a more survivable starting position. France and England seem to have been brought to very interesting starting positions.

I would agree that ERE was weakened by the black sea being out of play now and losing their Western front. Really hurts their expansion options even if they start with as many spots. Are they starting with Rhodes and other Venice islands now? Hungary was not given any I believe. Him, Denmark and Poland are unchanged it looks like.

Per rules I noticed allied victory is out. Thats fine but should be decided and not changed off the bat for everyone's strategy. 2 Forts would likely be enough but not an issue for me. Id agree with themzr on the spie rule but since we should all have siege weapons off the bat its not necessary. You do not have any agent %'s listed for merchants or assassins though.

Looking forward to starting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Predator View Post
    France does seem a bit underpowered, doesnt it
    France is not underpowered, they are still easily the strongest faction and have control over just as many regions as they did previously.

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Why did you give territories to an AI faction? (Milan)
    you also gave Hungary several territories but the ERE has lost some?
    i also think 3 forts per region is way too high and spies should be allowed to open gates with 60% odds needed to infiltrate the settlement
    Why not. Genoa will be playable in my next version, Spain too most likely.
    Not sure exactly where you see these extra regions. Hungary has 8 regions as they always did. The only change I have made to Hungary in this version of the patch was to remove a few units they start with.

Byzantium is not weakened at all. If anything their starting position has been strengthened. They have the same number of regions as before(6) but now their settlements are not separated by such a great distance. Venice has received the same treatment, as well as some added naval strength at the start of the campaign.

I will post a test save very soon so everyone can view the campaign before we launch.

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    Does the map accurately show the factions starting positions? If so I really like what you did, especially adding Norway and giving the Teutonic Order a more survivable starting position. France and England seem to have been brought to very interesting starting positions.

I would agree that ERE was weakened by the black sea being out of play now and losing their Western front. Really hurts their expansion options even if they start with as many spots. Are they starting with Rhodes and other Venice islands now? Hungary was not given any I believe. Him, Denmark and Poland are unchanged it looks like.

Per rules I noticed allied victory is out. Thats fine but should be decided and not changed off the bat for everyone's strategy. 2 Forts would likely be enough but not an issue for me. Id agree with themzr on the spie rule but since we should all have siege weapons off the bat its not necessary. You do not have any agent %'s listed for merchants or assassins though.

Looking forward to starting!!
    Yes this accurately shows starting position. And thank you it has been a fun project to work on and I am confident it will make for a much more balanced SS HotSeat campaign, allowing every included faction to be a balanced playable option.
    I will refer you to my above answer to themzr in regards to Byzantium's starting position. I will also add to it that both Venice and Byzantium have the first shot at some of the most valuable rebel lands like Corinth, Constantinople and Athens just to name a few.

The victory condition listed was a copy/paste that I had forgotten to change. Thnx for the reminder m8.
    Like you said siege weapons are plentiful so I thought spies would be better just as scouts. Also because of the limitations I have placed on both assassins and merchants I didn't think a %limit was needed.

Again I ask that everyone familiarize themselves with the rules, both now and when the campaign launches. As stated in the OP all aspects of the campaign are subject to change before we launch. I will notify everyone via PM if any major changes occur or if a vote for a rule change is taking place.
    Last edited by Macrath; December 20, 2015 at 04:31 PM.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    The victory condition listed was a copy/paste that I had forgotten to change. Thnx for the reminder m8.
    Like you said siege weapons are plentiful so I thought spies would be better just as scouts. Also because of the limitations I have placed on both assassins and merchants I didn't think a %limit was needed.
    Very fair points mate thanks for the explanation and hard work on this! I would still like a baseline % - with 10% you can still make certain an assassin always succeeds with enough tries - same for merchants

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

damn it! my post just vanished due to my stupidity....
    summary: great work on the balance and map Macrath, really looking forward to palying this one now especially with this norway
    rules are fine a percentage on agents would be preferable.

All done. Strat file will be sent to admin shortly. Campaign will start when admin is ready to launch.

Here is a save file if you would like to check out the changes to the campaign.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U...ew?usp=sharing

holy s...!
    all factions having 50.000 florins? this is going to be a bloodshed!
    my position is even more desperate than i thought but hey, im up for the challenge ;D

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Let's start this hotseat and good luck to everybody!

Venice is up:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5eka42

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by StOuFf View Post
    holy s...!
    all factions having 50.000 florins? this is going to be a bloodshed!
    my position is even more desperate than i thought but hey, im up for the challenge ;D
    No more desperate then those around you. As always diplomacy with other players is going to be very important in this one.
    Good luck to everyone, should be fun!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I am halfway through the turn. I will either have it up later tonight or early tomorrow morning
    Sicily!
    http://www.filedropper.com/sicily1
    Last edited by themzr; December 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

France up!
    PM sent

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

England up.
    Prety surprised about my lands up in Britain.Didn't expect that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

We were at Venice 2nd turn before the roll back. I will send the clear save to zkarel again.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

zkarel's Avatar Senator

Turn was done and i have the stuff. As i said i started out with a bang
    Sicily http://www.mediafire.com/download/5w...K-Sicily-2.sav
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/z6gvua...-53-04-58.bmp#

reminder sent

Sorry for being late. I think I have to stand out of the hotseat. I will be spending most of my time in finlands policearmy military service. So I have less freetime as I though.