• Manuscript / more authentic /stylized style

71 63.39%
  • More realistc style

41 36.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll : manuscript style OR more realistic style building UI cards

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Icon3 Poll : manuscript style OR more realistic style building UI cards

I am opening this thread in the name of finix, in order that he knows on which style to concentrate first.
    So as the title says, please vote for your preferred style

1. Manuscript / more authentic /stylized style
    2. More realistc style

Update 10.11.2015 : the poll ends on 01.01.2016 !
    Last edited by Ltd.; November 10, 2015 at 06:28 AM.

Default Re: Poll : manuscript style OR more realistic style building UI cards

I would like to see examples of both before I start judging. I would rather just let Finix go with whatever Finix likes best.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

well, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14751235
    post #51 and #52, respectively

heh, thanks Ltd. for posting the poll. I've been more than a little busy with RL stuff and didn't have time to post the poll Finix PMed about.

Could use each building style card for different cultures and factions?

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Could use each building style card for different cultures and factions?
    If you see post #15 here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ons&highlight=

you notice that there 4 different culture lines - Catholic, Orthodox, Islamic and Pagan/Nomadic.
    Although, some images will be identical for two or three different religions. Also, when changing religions will enjoy the icons of the new religion
    [IMG][/IMG]

saneel's Avatar Senator

How will you be able to change religion?

It looks nice on them but It makes it difficult to understand ''Manuscript / more authentic /stylized style''

I choose realistick style.

I choose Realistic style.

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    I would assume the same way as in Attila - on the faction summary screen you can convert to any religion with more than 30% presence in your faction.

I vote realistic too - love those pictures of the harbours, castles and farms finix has done. Although that now makes it a tie!

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    I'm not even really sure because we have not discussed it with the rest for the team. But with the new pack"Empire of Sand" is given as an opportunity enabling to do in the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxiEN2mj8rE

from 4'10 minute
    Last edited by finix; November 03, 2015 at 06:29 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I love the manuscript style icons

saneel's Avatar Senator

Tnx. Realistic all the way

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Manuscriptal, I want to feel like I'm the king reading laws, documents, bibles with images. Not like i'm looking for a new home online

Manuscript. I want to get the medieval feel of a Lord reading a tome, in a hall where the sunlight illuminate throught the stained glass, surrounded by tapestries hung on the walls...

...but by god, your Realistic style cards are just SUBLIME~

Oooh~oooh, what should I pick? What should I pick?

Ah, Well, Manuscript it is. Only finix, I should say that I like the farm cards example, but not the ports - there is something missing...How if you make the port cards more like the farms?
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; November 04, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

I really want to play with these icons, so little unfair'll post this

Realistic religious building icons:
    from left to right: North Catholic, Southern Catholic, Balkan Orthodox, Russ Orthodox, Sunni Islam, Shia Islam, Tangri/Mongols

[IMG][/IMG]

I hope I'm not wrong something
    Last edited by finix; November 05, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Guess who is right, you want a medieval feel orther looks like farms. Manuscript it is.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    I really want to play with these icons, so little unfair'll post this

Realistic religious building icons:
    from left to right: North Catholic, Southern Catholic, Balkan Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Sunni Islam, Shia Islam, Tangri/Mongols
    are these the only religious building groups planned for the mod or this is but a start? cause seeing as Georgia is one of the 'main' factions, it should have its own building chain; their architecture is really different and distinct. btw, should be 'Rus', not russian

P.S. I voted for manuscript style, but really start to doubt now, all of them are perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    are these the only religious building groups planned for the mod or this is but a start? cause seeing as Georgia is one of the 'main' factions, it should have its own building chain; their architecture is really different and distinct. btw, should be 'Rus', not russian

P.S. I voted for manuscript style, but really start to doubt now, all of them are perfect
    Too much work is if each faction has its own chain of buildings. For this I have tried to unite to two options. Georgia and Armenia will use suppose Balkan / Byzantine architecture. For Russ had to do different icons for wooden churches, because they are quite unique. I plan to do just one more chain for other pagan groups
    Last edited by finix; November 05, 2015 at 04:58 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Honestly I really like both styles and can't favorite one over the other. From what I have seen it appears you have done a bunch of cards in both styles? I suppose you guys could also release both styles in different pack files for people to choose what they want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast