Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Psychologically speaking, is one's avatar picture a true, subconscious reflection of their inner self?

Default Re: Psychologically speaking, is one's avatar picture a true, subconscious reflection of their inner self?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    This says it all, really, that you aspire to be a tea-drinking English-born Irishman with a career playing for and managing various football teams, just like Mick McCarthy. I always knew this was the true Flavius!

Although he was born in England, what an Irishman for having two "Micks" in his name.
    -I have partly English (Irish? because my hair is somewhat red) roots
    -I played FM quite a lot
    -I like playing football

-I don't drink tea or coffee

This thread seems to work a bit
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Default Re: Psychologically speaking, is one's avatar picture a true, subconscious reflection of their inner self?

Weegee
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

Does this mean that people who lack an avatar represent non-existence?
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akarīs LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Does this mean that people who lack an avatar represent non-existence?
    Firstly, your avatar is super badass. Secondly, in regards to your question, quite possibly yes, this could be the case. It could also simply mean the person gained an infraction for violating the ToS and temporarily lost the privilege to show an avatar pic. I like the non-existence explanation a lot more, though. Or better yet, something like Nirvana in Buddhism.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

What's that avatar exactly??

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's Anubis.
    Has signatures turned off.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Egyptian? I saw that in some Mount&Blade mod! More cute than terrifying!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

It's an interesting subject for a thread.

Personly I always liked knights, and while I am not a christian I did go with a templar which probably might raise some questions.
    Or not considering the pope ordered their execution.

Anyways, I think it has more to do with my admiration for the original goal of the templars: protect pilgrims who simply wished to visit the holy places. Noble born knights protecting travelers seems like a noble cause after all. They certainly did their fair share of bad things later on of course, but I do feel that their evils are often exaggerated because it seems to be the popular thing to do to make them the villains and make them the scapegoat of everything wrong with the crusades.
    But the initial goal is like a symbol of chivalry to me, and chivalry is always something I have admired and try to practice.

I'd say that one's signature may say more than the avatar...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I have nothing to do with the naughty rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain357 View Post
    So what, then, could be said about my signature with horses and LOTR imagery? It's my submod, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    I have nothing to do with the naughty rabbit!
    Sure, pal, whatever you say.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	333410

This is how I look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain357 View Post
    May or may not. Look at mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	333410

This is how I look like.
    Holy balls. I'd have to rip out the front seat to fit in that thing.

So yeah...what does the avatar says about me? It's the one I use almost anywhere and everywhere. Started maybe as an inside joke about a perverted vampire about a decade ago, at least that's what I vaguely recall. Might have been something else completely. I like it, it's simple, easy to resize, recognisable and elegant.
    börk börk

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I always thought the noble expression of my avatar was somewhat reflective of me.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; December 13, 2015 at 04:03 PM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I always thought the noble expression of my avatar was somewhat reflective of me.
    I don't know, your Avatar looks a bit stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I don't know, your Avatar looks a bit stoned.
    I think Flavius Aetius has been guilty of smoking a little too much whacky weedus, of the "Roman Red" variety. Here! I have proof!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

WARNING: Some obvious ToS violations there regarding drugs and wee bit of foul language.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Flavius Aetius was a brilliant general, based on what I've read about him. I think that late period in Roman history is very underrated. No big budget film (like Gladiator or 300) I'm aware of seems to have been made about it (I'm not including smaller budget films, which there are also very few). From what I understand, there also haven't been any big budget Roman films or TV shows made outside of the obvious Gladiator film and HBO's Rome series (which I think did not have a proper ending), maybe the 2004 King Arthur movie if you consider that a Roman film.

I'll try to explain my current avatar.

I really appreciate the album Metamatic, by John Foxx, which I discovered in May 2013. Some of the songs are quite creepy and grim sounding, but the themes of the album, mainly being centered around a man, a woman, and a city (a dystopian one at that, possibly futuristic) appeal to me. Many of the songs on the album seem to be either cooly detached from an observer's point of view, or hauntingly romantic, and the music is quite futuristic sounding in a late '70s and early '80s synth-pop new wave sort of way (Metamatic was released at the start of 1980). It's very similar to Gary Numan's The Pleasure Principle (You may remember the "Cars" song) and Replicas, as well as Kraftwerk's The Man-Machine album and sounds found in their other early albums. It's worth pointing out though, that John Foxx was a direct inspiration for Gary Numan's music career, from his days leading the band Ultravox in the 1970s, my favorite album of which is Systems of Romance.

If the songs "Plaza" and "He's A Liquid" are too spooky sounding for you, I recommend skipping to either "Underpass," "Metal Beat," or "No-One Driving." I think my favorite song on the album is "A New Kind of Man," both of the two versions in fact. I think the other greatest songs are "This City," "My Face," "Young Love," "Like A Miracle," "To Be With You," and "Touch and Go." There's actually not a song (or instrumental piece) I dislike out of this album's 20 tracks, I think it's worth listening to, and it will especially interest people that like electronic music (especially the earlier phases and synth-pop).

The guys in my signature below are the band Kraftwerk, or the robot mannequin versions of the members. They are a very good band, and I got to see them live in March 2014!
    Last edited by The Good; December 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My avatar is completely random. In its motive, not in its selection. I selected it because I found it sublimely appealing. I like it because I have not seen anyone else that has an avatar with the same concept. It simply doesn't fall into any category at all so good luck analyzing it.
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; January 14, 2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Illuminaty confirmed

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I was literally a coin my first two years here.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast