Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troll CTD test

Default Re: Troll CTD test

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    I've gotten Glorfindel killed by a troll falling on him before. Was not impressed with myself...
    I had the same but then the game crashed so he survived.

I'd be fighting the urge to reload after a catastrophe like that...
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yes, I certainly was. I persisted though, not the easiest campaign but I pulled it back in the end.

It's happened to me both playing with and fighting against trolls, and almost always involves zooming, panning or rotating the camera with them in the shot. As anecdotal observation, the more that's going on on the screen, the higher the rate of crashes (ie moving the camera over a settlement with them in the background, moving the cam when it's snowing, following a volley of arrows to see if any of them die, etc). I just end up leaving them out of the shot and pausing occasionally to check on how they're doing.

My specs are i7 4970k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GTX960, on windows 10, all maxed settings.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DontHeckWithSnek View Post
    My specs are i7 4970k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GTX960, on windows 10, all maxed settings.
    My specs self-build AMD 6300 3.5GHz 8gb ram nVidia gtx 750 Win 7pro high settings except grass(medium) reflections/glints off event cutscenes off AA off widescreen large units 1920x1080x16bit. I moved my base game out of programs(x86) added 4gb file to the exe. installed fatw3 on top using "run as administrator" then added patch .....no problems with trolls thus far
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 05, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

webba84's Avatar Artifex

As far as we can tell it doesn't correspond to any identifiable set of specs (certainly, it occurs or doesn't occur on both new and old computers alike).

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    As far as we can tell it doesn't correspond to any identifiable set of specs (certainly, it occurs or doesn't occur on both new and old computers alike).
    Agreed this is the point I was trying to make by comparison. My specs are slightly inferior to the posters but I don't get/never have had any troll crashes. AFAIC it is the changes I have made to my computer, to how I download/install and to my settings that all seem to have had a good effect on my games/mods. I have also "taken control" of my UAC & virtual store http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems to prevent interference from Windows security to files on download, there's no security threat to your pc as it's only game files, but Windows "see" some files as though they are and they don't get accepted, therefore are missing from your download. I added a 4gb ram file to exe's because RTW only has 2gb this is especially helpful with high content mods. In addition to this, having a sooper dooper graphics card means nothing, RTW will only ever use the motherboards on-board graphics. I have 16 mods on my PC and rarely have any ctd's or lag in any of them. Of course the changes I have made are subjective as to the performance, but they seem to work for me
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 06, 2017 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Typos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12