Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Post your questions about the supply system here

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Icon5 [Support] Post your questions about the supply system here

I like to offer this thread to answer any questions you might have related to the new supply system.

For feedback and discussion use this thread instead.

Even though is is not fully finished have a look at the manual first.

Google Presentation:Supply System Manual.

This is not meant to discuss it's features but only to help with specific situations you are facing during a campaign.

Suggestions waiting for implementation

- lower nomadic supply usage - released with 1.1e fixpack
    - fix baggage train functionality for civilized factions - released with 1.1e fixpack
    - barbarian armies will not replenish in lowly supplied regions, even if they own them - thanks to thomas_r - released with 1.15 Beta patch
    - small trading ports will work like granaries - thanks to thomas_r - released with 1.15 Beta patch
    - Depots will slightly increase regional supply production - released with 1.15 Beta patch
    - fix for African/Arabian transport fleets - released with 1.15 Beta patch
    - changed green supply tool-tip color (make it brighter) - released with 1.15 Beta patch

to do:

- barbarian armies will suffer attrition in desert regions, if supplies run low, even if they own them
    - Allied armies will use less supplies when in allied regions and will in most cases not start foraging in allied territory
    - baggage trains will get supplies on recruitment, can be refilled and used to supply the army, if regional supplies are low (all regions) - thanks to Bento
    - more baggage trains will lead to more supplies

Last edited by Litharion; March 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM.

Default Re: Post your questions about the supply system here

How do I resupply my regions? All my regions devestated themselves, I have disbanded all armies and I'm at war with 3 different nations, but I can't raise an army because my regions are devestated. How is this meant to work? AI moves armies around and doesn't seem to be affected..

Quote Originally Posted by Dea Paladin View Post
    How do I resupply my regions? All my regions devestated themselves, I have disbanded all armies and I'm at war with 3 different nations, but I can't raise an army because my regions are devestated. How is this meant to work? AI moves armies around and doesn't seem to be affected..
    Regions resupply based on there fertility rating every turn. Buildings like farms and grain depots can increase regional supplies significantly.
    Every region even desert ones are able to sustain a single army for an unlimited amount of time as long as the region is not devastated.

Edit: Did you start a new campaign or loaded a pre 1.1 campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Regions resupply based on there fertility rating every turn. Buildings like farms and grain depots can increase regional supplies significantly.
    Every region even desert ones are able to sustain a single army for an unlimited amount of time as long as the region is not devastated.

Edit: Did you start a new campaign or loaded a pre 1.1 campaign ?
    New campaign. I get Low Regional Supply message every turn. Maybe foreign armies in the start devastated my regions? I don't know.. How can I see how much supplies my regions have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dea Paladin View Post
    New campaign. I get Low Regional Supply message every turn. Maybe foreign armies in the start devastated my regions? I don't know.. How can I see how much supplies my regions have?
    You can monitor the supply state of a region/army only by monitoring an army. The low supply message however is a warning that a specific region has low supplies and might be unable to support foraging armies.

I am wondering about the faction your are playing with ?

Haven't read up on this and neither did I have a chance to play 1.1 so far (so sorry if this is mentioned somewhere), but one quick question: Is the AI affected in the same way by the supply system or are there significant differences? Because I could imagine that it's difficult to teach AI nations to behave according to this system.

I'm downloading 1.1 now but I wanted to ask a question before starting a campaign. I play all my campaigns with increased army and navy limits so would I need to edit the system to compensate for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar_Barca View Post
    Haven't read up on this and neither did I have a chance to play 1.1 so far (so sorry if this is mentioned somewhere), but one quick question: Is the AI affected in the same way by the supply system or are there significant differences? Because I could imagine that it's difficult to teach AI nations to behave according to this system.
    The AI is also affected by this system but not as heavily in some areas, for example AI armies will not suffer from attrition as fast as player armies.

Quote Originally Posted by lnrd907 View Post
    I'm downloading 1.1 now but I wanted to ask a question before starting a campaign. I play all my campaigns with increased army and navy limits so would I need to edit the system to compensate for this?
    This depends on how many armies more you add. The system is of course balanced around the current army limits but I don't see any problems playing with more armies as long as you don't put all of them in a single region...
    Last edited by Litharion; October 26, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

This depends on how many armies more you add. The system is of course balanced around the current army limits but I don't see any problems playing with more armies as long as you don't put all of them in a single region...
    Cool, thanks a lot for the answer

The AI is also affected by this system but not as heavily in some areas, for example AI armies will not suffer from attrition as fast as player armies.
    I get why, but meh...Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Got another question: If my army is in an enemy territory and the enemy (who owns the province) has an army there as well, how are supplies divvied up when I'm foraging? How does it change when the enemy army is inside the local settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar_Barca View Post
    Got another question: If my army is in an enemy territory and the enemy (who owns the province) has an army there as well, how are supplies divvied up when I'm foraging? How does it change when the enemy army is inside the local settlement?
    As the game is turn based and the region resupplies on the owning factions turn. Armies of the faction who owns the province will always get supplies first.

Quick question:

Is there an actual amount of food which can be stored? Or so to say, is the amount of food which can be stored fixed for each round, or more like an bank account? Hard to explain, I will try to elaborate with an example:

Let's say my region Alpha produces 5 food each round. First: How much food can be stored?
    If I build a Granarie: How much increase a Granarie my food "bank"?
    Is the amount of stored food fixed or is it more like a bank account which has a maximal amount which has not be necessarily the same as the actual food production of 5?
    So if the max amount is 10, then the Alpha would need two rounds to reach the maximal amount of stored food? OR it will never catch to the top, because you have to produce 10 to actually fill up the storage room for food, since the food is only produced for each round new.

I hope it was more less comprehensible.

Btw, kudos for the guide. It is helping a lot!

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeProject View Post
    Quick question:
    Is there an actual amount of food which can be stored? Or so to say, is the amount of food which can be stored fixed for each round, or more like an bank account? Hard to explain, I will try to elaborate with an example:
    Let's say my region Alpha produces 5 food each round. First: How much food can be stored?
    If I build a Granarie: How much increase a Granarie my food "bank"?
    Is the amount of stored food fixed or is it more like a bank account which has a maximal amount which has not be necessarily the same as the actual food production of 5?
    So if the max amount is 10, then the Alpha would need two rounds to reach the maximal amount of stored food? OR it will never catch to the top, because you have to produce 10 to actually fill up the storage room for food, since the food is only produced for each round new.

Btw, kudos for the guide. It is helping a lot!
    Each region has an individual value for supplies (food) being produced and a maximum amount of supplies (food) that can be reached. The maximum amount of food a region can store can be raised by supply depots, granaries and ports, the maximum amount of supplies (food) being produces each turn by a region can be raised by farms or cities with the grain resource.

So if the max amount is 10, then the Alpha would need two rounds to reach the maximal amount of stored food?
    To answer your question a granary, supply depot or port add 40 additional points. The base value varies from 100 to 160 depending on the regions fertility. So a desert region with a granary has 140 instead of 100 maximum supply cap. The base resupply values vary from 10 to 25 each turn again based on regional fertility. A farm adds 20 additional resupply points. So instead of 10 points for a desert region you will have 30 with a farm build. The region resupplies until the cap is reached. So it will take 10 turns for a devastated desert region to reach the natural cap (100/10).

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Congrats on release!

I have a question about baggage trains, namely if civilized nationīs baggage trains will also "grant additional supplies for a limited number of turns" like the barbarian ones?

Thx for the guide it really helped in the beginning
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Congrats on release!
    I have a question about baggage trains, namely if civilized nationīs baggage trains will also "grant additional supplies for a limited number of turns" like the barbarian ones?
    Thx for the guide it really helped in the beginning
    Thanks, to answer your question: No they only lower costs right now.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Having trouble progressing as Scythia, although to be honest I don't seem to understand this system in general despite reading the PowerPoint. I've destroyed Catiaroi and Budini declared war on me, so I raised an army (19 units, 1 baggage train) to invade them and left a single army (3 units, no baggage train) to move westward at a later time. Somehow that tiny army has depleted the region in two turns despite me building fishing docks, a fishing town upgrade, and a food building in my capital. Globally, I have anywhere from 7-11 food, but it doesn't seem to do anything for the army sitting in my home region. My invading army can't get to Budini's capital without starvation setting in even though they have a baggage train and (I assume) can also forage (?). Do I just need to constantly be on the offensive without resting my armies or maintaining order? Does every single army need at least one baggage train or more to survive? Shouldn't half a region, including the regional capital, be able to support an army of 270 nomads without descending into cannibalism?

I was wondering if it were possible that you and another modder on the team could do a multiplayer campaign to create a video demonstration of how the supply lines work. I'm thinking of just setting the difficulty to easy and the two players create a bunch of various situations in order to demonstrate how these mechanics work.

Foederatus

I'm playing Parthia. If I build the Storage building in the province capital it has 3 regions distance? is that 3 regions from the province capital, or 3 regions from the whole province? If I build the farm version in a regular settlement it says it supplies 1 region away that is adjacent. Is that adjacent to that settlement the building is in? or adjacent to the province as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by DruNinja View Post
    I'm playing Parthia. If I build the Storage building in the province capital it has 3 regions distance? is that 3 regions from the province capital, or 3 regions from the whole province? If I build the farm version in a regular settlement it says it supplies 1 region away that is adjacent. Is that adjacent to that settlement the building is in? or adjacent to the province as a whole?
    Always just from the region not the whole province! So if you build the storage building in your capital it will create supply lines to 3 regions from the region your capital is in. Same goes for the farm building. It'll create a supply line to each adjacent/neighboring region.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast