Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod

Default Re: Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod

Rome Total War - Zombie Mod
    development terminated

We are (unhappy) to annouce that we do not develop the Rome Total War - Zombie Mod anymore. There are several reasons for that and I hope you will understand why we stop the development.

1) Rome Total War Engine Limit Reached. To introduce new gameplay we need to mod the RTW engine itself. Obviously, for that purpose we need the C++ source code. Obviously, Creative Assembly will never paste the RTW source code to the public.

2) No support from the community. The team consists of 3 members and nobody else really offered us his assistance in creating the mod (except beta testing). That is a pity.

3) The RTW game is old. Isn't it?

I want to say thanks again to the development team (Kaimar & Blastoise Groudon), closed beta testers (a lot of) and other guys who helped us somehow.
    The last version (Public Beta) can be downloaded here.

Best wishes to everybody,
    Alex
    Last edited by 500xhp; September 11, 2016 at 07:26 PM.

Hi Zombie Mod Team,

I'm filled with consternation to hear that. And I understand the reasons in two of three cases ( 1 and 2). In my own case, I'm very busy to create my own mod. And I have nothing to offer to your mod to make it better. Maybe only some of my own created ancillaries. But every text is in german and my english is very lousy.
    In point three I'm not in your opinion. It is old, but it has a great potential and it is worth to mod it in future, too. Maybe just for "small" and "amateurish" modders like me...

Ultimately I find it very unfortunate and I hope you great modders will find a new project, which will be come to a successful end.
    Greets and rep for your work, Magnentius

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for the support everyone. I myself don't have time to make any models myself because I am just swamped with things at the moment. I would like to continue this mod on to another Total War game though if possible if I had help. I was thinking Medieval 2, Shogun 2 or Rome 2. If anyone would like to help with that project please PM me.

Amazing this mod!!

help! it keeps saying data/terrain/battofield/rocky_desert/summer/oz_rockydesert_summer_rock.tga

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread moved from WIPs, Ideas & Proposals.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

It's really an interesting idea (even though my old toaster goes berserk for the amount of running script and stacks of the Contagion and freeze in some turns...)

by the way, I noticed the installer provided in the first post of the topic miss the "data" folder from Diadochi (the ones that should go in the RTW/Data/ folder )
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

I like it thanks you

Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod
    Small fix

I have updated the PublicBeta file - added missing files and textures.
    Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-total...od-public-beta

Moreover, I've updated the installation guide - included installation for Steam users.
    Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-total...allation-guide

Enjoy!

I have found a working download link for this mod. All the others seem to be corrupted, or have missing data. Installs fine on steam with Alexander. Only thing is you can't micromanage your settlements. I unselect automange settlement, and end the turn, and automanage settlement is back on. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ladddad View Post
    I have found a working download link for this mod. All the others seem to be corrupted, or have missing data. Installs fine on steam with Alexander. Only thing is you can't micromanage your settlements. I unselect automange settlement, and end the turn, and automanage settlement is back on. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Download from ModDB in not corrupted. I re-uploaded it some time ago and have also tried it on my computers - it works fine.

There is no way to fix the problem with auto auto-management. This happens because of the complicated background script.

this mod IS NOW DEAD ALL PEOPLE ITS OVER!!!!!

Very original and very good graphics. Excellent job!

I was wondering if this mod would be possible to be developed on Rome Total War Remastered?

The developers have, apparently, removed many of the previous hard-coded limitations, which may have been giving you trouble when you were developing this mod.

-G

-
    G. Ward

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789