Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.1 Released!

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.1 Released!

Found on facebook topic Gj Dresden, you're a legend sir!

"I would probably bet some money that Dresden is actually CA being sneaky...the dude is always available , always profession and courteous in his replies, he is always on line ...seriously ...if I was such a good coder and project manager I would have a well paid full time job in the software development industry...and not put thousands of hours on unpaid work"
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Massicio2 View Post
    sorry if any of this is jumbled I haven't slept in a couple days lmao

I have two questions. 1) would this be compatible with a mod that unlocks WoS factions? If not I could just go into editSF and change it myself anyway. 2) What are the differences in say the Spartan roster, since its not playable? I know theres AoR and stuff but I wasn't sure if there were only bare bones units recruitable. Im just curious because while I haven't taken an in depth look ill probably want to unlock a few factions because I'm not too interested in the ones atm and sparta I know for sure is still there so I just used it as an example.
    Their is an official DEI submod that add additional factions on the steam workshop. I was using it to play as selucids on Macedonian wars yday.
    The Submod collection also has additional factions for every campaign. Go have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    Found on facebook topic Gj Dresden, you're a legend sir!

"I would probably bet some money that Dresden is actually CA being sneaky...the dude is always available , always profession and courteous in his replies, he is always on line ...seriously ...if I was such a good coder and project manager I would have a well paid full time job in the software development industry...and not put thousands of hours on unpaid work"
    , they're onto you Dresden. Quick, take up the next premade assumed modder identity!

Libertus

I love the DEI mod. Good work so far. I tried it today and i now love the fact that you can win with a small fleet against a stack of 20 transports.

One thing I have to say (just my opinion), the public order penalties/bonusses are way to positive for me as a player. I liked the fact that before you had to stay in the region to quel down rebellions. Now I can just leave the region after conquering it and public order stays green. Also tax levels seems a bit steep. I'm only controlling Italy and Magna Gracia. Researched the first tiers of the techs and making a steep 10k per turn even fielding a 15 unit fleet and 20 unit legion with all roman troops/cavs and cretan archers.

The supply system is something i need to get into it. But it makes the campaigning more challenging. No more sailing off to the north or the black sea looking for trade partners early on.

Keep up the good work!

Actually you can still explore with just an admiral. Like single generals, those units won't consume or run out of supplies.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    Actually you can still explore with just an admiral. Like single generals, those units won't consume or run out of supplies.
    Indeed, but that's not something i want to do. Doesn't seem right to me having a supply system in place and still send off a ship without the need of supplies

Quote Originally Posted by ptagi View Post
    Indeed, but that's not something i want to do. Doesn't seem right to me having a supply system in place and still send off a ship without the need of supplies
    Then you're a better man than me in obeying the system rules.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Congrats on release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    , they're onto you Dresden. Quick, take up the next premade assumed modder identity!
    "We´re sorry to announce that Dresden has decided to leave us, now welcome our newest member DefinitlyNotDresden!"

Quote Originally Posted by ptagi View Post

A single ship was rather easy to supply, since ancient seafaring normally took place near the shoreline anyway.
    IMO this is negligible^^
    Last edited by Maetharin; October 27, 2015 at 04:17 AM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Here's that submod that some of you requested earlier in the thread.
    Thank you very much!

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

those new elephant charges are pure gold
    havent seen the other animations yet, but damn the elephant charges kick ass now if i am able to use them properly.
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

Does the raiding stance effect the supply system?

I want to have your babies!!! ..

Would love to see a wagon unit on the battlefield, for

(1) resupply missile units when near
    (2) inc moral for friendly units
    (3) attract enemy mercenary units, who may go into pillage mode = ignore enemy orders, pillage wagons and run off (but would decrease moral of friendly units)
    (4) damage moral of friendly units if wagons destroyed

But the age old problem, will AI handle it ? Pity game engine doesn't allow easy additions like this. CA poor effort ,supply should have been in the game from day 1 !!
    Last edited by Rorarii; October 27, 2015 at 06:43 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Soooo, whens the next patch......
    Lol, just kidding. Great work guys. I'm about 30 turn in and it's been an amazing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    I want to have your babies!!! ..

Would love to see a wagon unit on the battlefield, for

(1) resupply missile units when near
    (2) inc moral for friendly units
    (3) attract enemy mercenary units, who may go into pillage mode = ignore enemy orders, pillage wagons and run off (but would decrease moral of friendly units)
    (4) damage moral of friendly units if wagons destroyed

But the age old problem, will AI handle it ? Pity game engine doesn't allow easy additions like this. CA poor effort ,supply should have been in the game from day 1 !!

Well the battlefield wagon concept isnt that hard when you think about it. THe hardest part would be creating the actual model.

If you remember on medieval 2 that great cross was carried into battle which would improve the stats of the troops around it. You could get the wagon to boost the Ammunition rates and possible stamina of troops or something similar.

i like DEI.But cant we get rid of supply system?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by goranoo View Post
    i like DEI.But cant we get rid of supply system?
    Why would you want to ? It's so much immersive,
    and you don't have much to do to deal with it, it's very intuitive, just don't go around the world without a supply fleet nearby or a supply depot not too far away

And then stuff like a neutral army in your territory becomes a problem, becouse they forage the region and damage your farms when the province falls low on supply
    which is annoying, but in a good way because it totally makes sense.
    And then when you finally decide to attack because they are a pain in the *ss, they have a low moral anyway because of their supply shortage

I've started a campaign and I am only around turn 25, but I really love that supply system
    plus, the game seems balanced around it, so simply desactivating the supply scripts will unbalance everything

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Well the battlefield wagon concept isnt that hard when you think about it. THe hardest part would be creating the actual model.

If you remember on medieval 2 that great cross was carried into battle which would improve the stats of the troops around it. You could get the wagon to boost the Ammunition rates and possible stamina of troops or something similar.
    The wagon model exists in attila total war, in game you could add a unit wich is like a camp with a few wagons unable to move (like vanillas "giant" ballistas). In fact the medieval kingdoms team already did exactly that with wagon forts.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

But I dont think its possible to resupply from such a wagon on the battlefield.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Livestock (graze bonus) is just agriculture right?

It's really fun not building temples everywhere!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast