Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Old feedback thread (Closed)

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

I've noticed that the Hildsivini (Germanic unit), has zero armour stat although they are wearing a scale cuirass. Is this intentional?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

Already noted

And no I dont think so. KAM must have missed that unit. We will whip him for it ofc

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    I've noticed that the Hildsivini (Germanic unit), has zero armour stat although they are wearing a scale cuirass. Is this intentional?
    yes it is - they should not wear any armour - they look like this:

this means no whip for Kam - but we have to search whats going wrong - or it is a mod conflict....

yep, in my DeI, they use the correct variantmesh....
    Last edited by Ritter-Floh; November 06, 2015 at 09:15 AM.

It might just be the unit card showing them with scale armor. I think some other Suebi units also have some inaccurate unit cards like that.

thats possible, the unit cards are untouched and still pre 1.1 ones

I might be wrong as I'm not into that deep in history, but shouldn't be the Thorax Hoplites stay in phalanx too?
    As for me they stay in simple line formation playing as sparta, yet the hoplon equipped "old fashioned" spear units stays in phalanx by default.
    Is there any historical reason for it, or it is a "bug" or something which cannot be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter-Floh View Post
    thats possible, the unit cards are untouched and still pre 1.1 ones
    But I want to whip him... Can I please whip him, Ritter?

yes, whip him very hard, he like it And he must give us some polish beers - i've heard a lot of positive things about it

Quote Originally Posted by Gülredy View Post
    I might be wrong as I'm not into that deep in history, but shouldn't be the Thorax Hoplites stay in phalanx too?
    As for me they stay in simple line formation playing as sparta, yet the hoplon equipped "old fashioned" spear units stays in phalanx by default.
    Is there any historical reason for it, or it is a "bug" or something which cannot be done?
    Yes, I think any units with "hoplite" in the name should use the hoplite animations. Are these the Spartan Thorax Hoplites then, or the Perioikoi ones? There are Perioikoi ones, right? I always forget which units have different versions for Sparta.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yes, I think any units with "hoplite" in the name should use the hoplite animations.
    For sure...
    I wonder who is the one to blame??? and whip him

Guys a question if I may...
    is it ok if I use the hardcore mod with an ongoing save???

Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 06, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Yes it should be save compatible.

Some of the Suebi units did get new unit cards, I tried to identify the ones that really needed it. There are various units in all factions that may be off a bit from their card, simply because of all the unit tweaking that goes on. I am looking at you Ritter and Don!!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes it should be save compatible.
    Cheers Dresden

Cause I'm thinking to start a Hard campaign as Rome,develop a bit and then add the Hardcore mod for more challenge...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 06, 2015 at 05:11 PM.

I would just like to say that I made the switch from Radious to DEI and I have been enjoying DEI greatly, that being said 1.1 has crushed my enjoyment of the mod, bums me out abit considering it was the only thing that made Rome 2 playable.

Here are some pet peeves and annoying things thats currently destroying my enjoyment.

1. AI enters my lands and starts to raid, my army starves AI goes / care and suffers no attrition. I seem to remember that the AI is not affected by it as much but at times it borders on insanity.

2. The military tech tree is now totally meh, 1% to random stat + a massive bonus of 1% additional negative upkeep to your troops. Army upkeep reductions adds up to what 3%-5%? If you dare to put research into the military training tree then you are out of luck as it will give you negligible gains for alot of annoying downsides.

3. TTT, every other gen ability or army improvement now increases upkeep.....k

4.The supply system, annoying for civilized nations like the Greeks or Romans and crippeling for the Barbarians, the baggage train is essentially a 100% must have. A useless unit that takes up space and only provides a meager amount of reprieve from the brutality that is Winter, Summer, Normal season and ofc the AI who is immune to it seemingly. And as an added bonus it slows my armies down to a crawl ( I.E Averni and Scythia) something else the AI is also excused from needing.

5. AI cheating has always been a thing and its never really bothered me, that is until my Gallic hordes seized the Roman empire only to realize they had zero food buildings besides the odd fishing port. If I had to put a number on it they would have to be running at the very least a 200 food minus.

6. Agents, two of my spies poison an enemy army, can they move? Yep, can they reinforce? Oh yeah

This is just what I can remember of the top off my had, it does feel like this has gone from a mod that wanted to slow down combat, increase realism and add alot of historical accuracy to a nightmare mod made for the sado masochist of the community.

Can I set it to easy? Sure, will the AI ever do anything? Nope, sure I can trade and get alliances with the whole world and sit still and tech n stuff... thats fun right?

The reason this post may seem abit angry is because I was absolutely loving 1.0 and was excited for 1.1 but now I just want to remove it and go back to an older version.

And sorry for any spelling errors etc, tried to proof read and paragraph but English is not my first language.

Senator

You've made R2 enjoyable for me again guys.

Won a Carthage campaign; had a heck of a lot of fun doing it as well.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Currently in the midst of push back after finally making my move as the Odryssian Kingdom in an IA. Good chance I won't be able to rebuff Antonius and clients given that they decided to make piece in the east. Have to say though that so far this has been the most satisfying R2 game I can remember. I am also new to the TWC community and am amazed at what has been accomplished here and with Divide et Impera specifically. Thank you for making R2 a game I can even get defeated and still enjoy the game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayser View Post
    I would just like to say that I made the switch from Radious to DEI and I have been enjoying DEI greatly, that being said 1.1 has crushed my enjoyment of the mod, bums me out abit considering it was the only thing that made Rome 2 playable.

Here are some pet peeves and annoying things thats currently destroying my enjoyment.

1. AI enters my lands and starts to raid, my army starves AI goes / care and suffers no attrition. I seem to remember that the AI is not affected by it as much but at times it borders on insanity.

2. The military tech tree is now totally meh, 1% to random stat + a massive bonus of 1% additional negative upkeep to your troops. Army upkeep reductions adds up to what 3%-5%? If you dare to put research into the military training tree then you are out of luck as it will give you negligible gains for alot of annoying downsides.

3. TTT, every other gen ability or army improvement now increases upkeep.....k

4.The supply system, annoying for civilized nations like the Greeks or Romans and crippeling for the Barbarians, the baggage train is essentially a 100% must have. A useless unit that takes up space and only provides a meager amount of reprieve from the brutality that is Winter, Summer, Normal season and ofc the AI who is immune to it seemingly. And as an added bonus it slows my armies down to a crawl ( I.E Averni and Scythia) something else the AI is also excused from needing.

5. AI cheating has always been a thing and its never really bothered me, that is until my Gallic hordes seized the Roman empire only to realize they had zero food buildings besides the odd fishing port. If I had to put a number on it they would have to be running at the very least a 200 food minus.

6. Agents, two of my spies poison an enemy army, can they move? Yep, can they reinforce? Oh yeah

This is just what I can remember of the top off my had, it does feel like this has gone from a mod that wanted to slow down combat, increase realism and add alot of historical accuracy to a nightmare mod made for the sado masochist of the community.

Can I set it to easy? Sure, will the AI ever do anything? Nope, sure I can trade and get alliances with the whole world and sit still and tech n stuff... thats fun right?

The reason this post may seem abit angry is because I was absolutely loving 1.0 and was excited for 1.1 but now I just want to remove it and go back to an older version.

And sorry for any spelling errors etc, tried to proof read and paragraph but English is not my first language.
    1. The supply system is still being tweaked. Are you using the latest fix pack?

2. The tech tree will most likely be tweaked for later versions. But considering the fact that some traits for Generals reduce upkeep and that Champions do aswell, its not that difficult to handle the extra upkeep for when choosing techs which improves your troops.

3. Not true and also something we plan to tweak in later versions

4. Again.. Being tweaked and there is a thread where you can ask questions and Litharion will answer and adress these problems

5. So what do you suggest? Removing it and have the AI starve?

6. Im pretty sure that Dresden wrote in the 1.1 preview that spies are no longer able to poison armies or stop them from moving. Their movement should be decreased but not stopped entirely.

This mod is getting quite big so tracking down every little bug is difficult and therefore a mig of small tweaks usually follow a big release. Atm its the supply system recieving a lot of tweaks so try and ask Litharion about it.

There things like the TTT and the tech tree which we havent been able to give a full overhaul yet or at least not for some time but it will come.

Gold resource for Dacia please; and horses for Getia. That was historical accurate. For other regions I can't pronounce myself for sure, but I suspect other missings/errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter-Floh View Post
    Ah, I see, just wanted to check. Don't punish Ritter! Ritter is a legend! Well, all you DEI guys are ;-)

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Hey guys, is the Augustus Campaign fully compatible now with DEI? Balanced and stuff?