Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Old feedback thread (Closed)

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

The AI can't sally from minor port cities, unfortunately. That's probably what's going on. Minor port city battles are always settlement battles.

That might be the case. Since most of the settlements I have conquered are port settlements. And another thing; is it easy to make the Fortification stance require some movement points left? So neither the AI nor me wont be able to use it all the time. I would restrict myself if I didn't require movement points but the AI did though.

Yes, doesn't it already require some movement points? I don't think we've reduced it to zero, though it's less for some factions, like the Romans. Maybe we did reduce it to zero for the Romans? I'm not sure.

It was reduced to zero for the romans based on them having a fortified camp at the end of every single day. That's just what they did historically.

For other factions it can be anywhere from 30 (greeks) to 50 (barbarians) movement point cost.

Ah, I see!

What are the limitations for Spies and Champions? I have had situations where they both have 67% or more chance to do an action against a target, but I can't click the button for the action? Are there any rules for that or is there a special reason to why the button to perform an action is not clickable?

Well, stating the obvious, it costs money to take those actions. Maybe you didn't have enough in your treasury?

I can't find POR thread now but I have latest version of it, but here is my question:

1. Why I'm able to recruit native of my nation troops when my culture not dominant? This did not happened before, anything changed?
    2. As Hayasdan I have conquired Brunduism and Cosentia, they both have Latin culture, but both cities full all of people of my nation. This did not happened before too.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

It has been moved to the submod forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. We removed the culture requirement since population is a better version of that 50/50 system we had.
    2. If your culture is not dominant in an area, then it should convert to mostly foreign population. If it didn't, then that is a bug.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    1. We removed the culture requirement since population is a better version of that 50/50 system we had.
    2. If your culture is not dominant in an area, then it should convert to mostly foreign population. If it didn't, then that is a bug.
    1. I agree, this makes sense and it is a good change.
    2. Yes, this is so strange, for a most of lands I conquered popualtion was converted to a foreigners, but sometimes it was full of people and all of my native classes. I should mention it happened only in Apennines. I conquered Neapolis and it was full of my people and next turn I conquered Rome did not have any of my people. I should mention that for some reason Rome was not developed as a city at all, only first level city and four buildings. Same time, Rome expanded huuuge im my current campaign, never seen it before and very historicaly accurate.

This bug bothers me, can I do something so you guys can track it down? But I can't povide later saves as this is a legendary difficulty and only one current save possible.

It may be certain regions are causing it, I can look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Well, stating the obvious, it costs money to take those actions.
    Ok, I admit that I totally forgot about their need for money to perform.

Another question about agents, and the Champion in particular:
    Is there a limit in how much a unit can be trained by the Champion? I hope there is but am afraid there isn't. I have met armies from neighbouring factions which I'm sure haven't been fighting much or nothing at all that contain units of experience rank three. I suspect they've reached that rank from the training which seems a bit odd when real fighting experience should come from actual battles. The way it was in Rome and Medieval 2 one knew that an army with units of silver or gold chevrons had been battle trained from fighting and would be hard to meet. I hope the Champion only can train a unit up to the first chevron and that the rest of the chevrons have to be achieved by fighting hard battles.

And one thing about the result from winning a siege. Isn't it possible to have the option to loot only without occupying as well? Or do maybe some factions have that option? It would've been great as the Breuci to be able to besiege neighbouring cities and towns and loot them without having to occupy them.
    Last edited by Gusten Grodslukare; October 22, 2016 at 06:54 PM.

Considering the amount of xp needed to reach silver and gold, I doubt that units will reach that level of experience by a champion alone.
    And you have the sack option, which is pretty much what you are looking for. Idk what you are actually asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you guys considered a multiplayer custom battle mode? I know the units are balanced around SP and MP campaign with some units having higher upkeep and other high recruitment, but has it been considered at any time to revise the costs and set up a separate unit-roster for a multiplayer submod? This submod could have slightly faster battles and CB-revised unit-rosters. Or are you guys not doing MP so as to not deal with two different balance sets and the complications and time-consumption it brings?
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Atm we are not considering a lot besides getting version 1.2 ready.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Unit costs are set for MP standards, even in campaign. Doing separate balance for MP is impossible as it would take me around half year as it is the case for SP. Plus only handful of people would use it. 1.2 release will use new stat to unit cost forumlas, but that will come after I've made all balancing stuff.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Considering the amount of xp needed to reach silver and gold... And you have the sack option.
    Silver and gold chevrons was just an example. What I wanted to stress was the fact that experience and chevrons should come from participating in battles and not as a gift from the Champion. One chevron from training is enough. When it comes to the question about looting without occupying, you mention sacking. But sacking doesn't cripple the defenders economy and give money to the attacker.

I dont think we can decide how many chevrons you can obtain from a champion. All we can do is lower the amount of XP that a champion adds or increase the threshold for a chevron.
    The last time I used the option to sack the enemy, I got a ton of gold. I often take advantage this feature to get a lot of gold quickly. And from what I remember in the db files, sacking decreases the amount of income from the enemy and also seriously damages their buildings.

We can't set a max for champs as far as I know, its something I wanted to do since Rome 2's release (training should only get you so far). To compensate for that, we drastically lowered the amount they train per turn.