Thread: Doctor/physician ancillaries still there in IBII/III?

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

Icon5 Doctor/physician ancillaries still there in IBII/III?

HI. Maybe stupid question, but are there still doctor/physician/herbalist ancilliaries in IBII/III? I can see the ancillaries descriptions in export-descr-ancillaries.txt, but I never got any of them to any of my generals. Honestly I want to fiddle a bit with them to get a higher percent of casualities recovered from wounds, more than the actual 10%. Or how can I get these doctors in my army, if they have not been removed? Thanks.

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Doctor/physician ancillaries still there in IBII/III?

Update: I managed to give a physician to one of my generals through command console, so they are present. (Could not give a doctor or a chiurgeon, so I guess it's limited to certain factions). But it's not transferable. I took a look into descr_ancillaries, and it says transferability is 0, which is not logical nor realistic at all. Provincial Dux is transferable, but doctor is not? Why coudn't i give my personal doctor to one of my general friends? If i try editing only 1 bit of named file, I get a crash, so any changes in export_descr_ancillaries.txt is not save game compatible.
    I still couldn't fiugure out which building givesme the named ancillaries, I have built everything regarding health but still not been able to get doctors.

My question still stands: is anyone aware of any SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE method of raising casualities recovering from their wounds after battle?

Quote Originally Posted by ezopus2 View Post
    Update: I managed to give a physician to one of my generals through command console, so they are present. (Could not give a doctor or a chiurgeon, so I guess it's limited to certain factions). But it's not transferable. I took a look into descr_ancillaries, and it says transferability is 0, which is not logical nor realistic at all. Provincial Dux is transferable, but doctor is not? Why coudn't i give my personal doctor to one of my general friends? If i try editing only 1 bit of named file, I get a crash, so any changes in export_descr_ancillaries.txt is not save game compatible.
    I still couldn't fiugure out which building givesme the named ancillaries, I have built everything regarding health but still not been able to get doctors.

My question still stands: is anyone aware of any SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE method of raising casualities recovering from their wounds after battle?
    Looks like your learning. I'm not aware of any save compatible methods in this case. I sent you a pm

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

In this case I will try playing through a whole campaign to see how things go till the end, and then make my changes to ancilllaries, then start a new one