Hi all just downloaded XGM last night and played around 20 turns to test the changes compared to vanilla (first mod ever I have played).

I was worried about problems Germany had from vanilla so I really focused on economy and such and didn't take enough early land. But I was wondering if Taverns are negative to have in this edition like vanilla in regards to negative traits given to generals? I liked night raiders in the original and I was just wondering if I should invest in Taverns in only production cities without governors.

Slingers where a godsend for large towns. Regualar axe men once again suck . Gonna make sure I blitz a Woad Warrior town so I can have some adequate flankers + psychology for my main battle line. I hope when I start my real play threw now I get to the city level via enslaving and have some nice choices to use. Spear warbands aren't bad but they are really dull shield wall + guard and wait for cav and flankers to break (kinda hurts they took a ton of attack away from them I understand the phalanx removal and all though).

Are gothic cav in this game or where they removed? Do you have to all out blitz in this mod? Or can you take a more varied balanced approach? Thank you to any and all who spend some time dropping by to fill me in.