Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Fox Extras

Default Red Fox Extras

Anybody know where I can find these?

http://www.gamefront.com/files/13896873

Brings up a 'file not found' error. The DL thread, and XGM webpage both link these.
    "I mean, I'd be unable psychologically, to sell arms."

"I'm talking facts and you are talking theory. You are not a good person Ruebon, you have just been lucky enough. You never had to be otherwise. When it comes down to it what a man can do, is what a man will do."
    -The Jackal.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Red Fox Extras

Hi,

I am trying to upload my copy to zShare. By current estimates it will take around 1 hour (microsoft time ;-) to upload the 175mb file. I will link if successful.

D.

PS It is taking ages because I have a crap broadband connection.
    Last edited by Durnaug; October 17, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks for taking the time to upload!! Im in no hurry, I was just worried that it might be lost.

"I'm talking facts and you are talking theory. You are not a good person Ruebon, you have just been lucky enough. You never had to be otherwise. When it comes down to it what a man can do, is what a man will do."
    -The Jackal.

Thank you my good sir!

I was a bit sad when the time said 9 hours left, but I assume zSHARE has some sort of DL limit for non-registered users. A real shame, since 172mb isn't that darned big.

Still, thanks for taking the time man! Hopefully this can be a temporary fix until the issue gets sorted.

*EDIT*

Seriously, thanks, I would try and rep you, but I don't see the button for it.
    Last edited by OneoftheLost; October 17, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

-The Jackal.

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by OneoftheLost View Post

Seriously, thanks, I would try and rep you, but I don't see the button for it.
    I'll do it for ya.
    Thanks, Durnaug.

Ok, well. Ive given this a try every few days, but the download simply won't complete. It gives 9 hours, then a day, and then it says complete after about 30 seconds. Not sure if its the upload location or what. Can anybody else give it a try to see if it works for you?

Aha! Problem solved. Brau Koenig uploaded this at the end of the requested features thread. In case anyone else needs it, it can be found here!

I am uploading right now to Game Front and here it is: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20819..._1_2-Final.exe
    Please note: I added the "-Final" since it was the last version I had. I believe it is the last one.
    Last edited by OneoftheLost; October 29, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Sorry the link did not work for you. I suppose the lesson is I will avoid using zShare and use filefront for larger files? Pity, 'cause zShare worked in the past. Good luck with RFXs!

Thanks. I was wondering about this to as the link on the XGM main site and on the download page through TWC doesn't work. Were do I install Red Fox Extras to?

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

You should install RFX to the XGM folder (but I think that happens automatically).

OK. Installed fine but I was getting crashes right after battles with this addon installed. So I uninstalled the Red Fox Extras and it works fine now. Not sure what would cause the crashes? Might try the RSII environment addon for battle map and strat map updated textures.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

RS II is good but it dosnt include the music hich IMO is the most important part of the Extras.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by gijas View Post
    OK. Installed fine but I was getting crashes right after battles with this addon installed. So I uninstalled the Red Fox Extras and it works fine now. Not sure what would cause the crashes? Might try the RSII environment addon for battle map and strat map updated textures.
    I'm fairly certain that RFX 1.2 won't work for XGM. It will correctly install the clouds (straight to the main RTW folder) but not the music. What worked for me was copying the 'sounds' folder & descr_sounds_music.txt file created in XC's old data folder (I uninstalled it but the folder is still there) and pasting them into the main rtw folder.

I have a odd feeling that RFX 1.2 is for XC. . .Last time I installed XGM the version of RFX was 1.0.

I wouldn't bother with attempting to install the textures that's likely what was causing your crashes b/c it was made for XC not XGM.

I downloaded this http://www.gamefront.com/files/20600...entPatch_II_7z and edited the text files to be compatible with XGM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Here's a link for RF Extras that should work fine with XGM: http://www.filedropper.com/rfx12

Hi Dime

Do you have an updated link to these files? The one in the download post and the main site forum as well as the above all go to dead links.

Thanks

Was about to say the same thing. The link Dime posted is clearly dead.

-The Jackal.

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

Dime's link doesn't seem to be working indeed, but the gamefront link (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20819..._1_2-Final.exe) works fine for me.

I'm fairly certain that RFX 1.2 won't work for XGM. It will correctly install the clouds (straight to the main RTW folder) but not the music. What worked for me was copying the 'sounds' folder & descr_sounds_music.txt file created in XC's old data folder (I uninstalled it but the folder is still there) and pasting them into the main rtw folder.

I have a odd feeling that RFX 1.2 is for XC. . .Last time I installed XGM the version of RFX was 1.0.

I wouldn't bother with attempting to install the textures that's likely what was causing your crashes b/c it was made for XC not XGM.
    Don't think it works. I remember the crashing as well.

-The Jackal.

Is there someone out there who still has the RedFox Extras and wishes to upload them? All the suggested links have died and I would love to use these extras

I'm immortal! Unfortunately it wears off after 80 years..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast