Thread: Fatal graphics error

Default Fatal graphics error

Hi again guys.

Bigger problem now is campaign battles. After they're done and the loading screen comes up to take me back to the campaign map it loads completely but then crashes, saying there's been a 'fatal graphics error' because my graphics settings are set too high. I've tried the lowest setting and it still crashed. I moved the save file over to my older laptop and it worked fine so why not on my newer laptop?

Any advice/suggestions welcome.

Default Re: Fatal graphics error

You set all the options to the lowest possible level? Do you have the latest graphics card drivers?

Perhaps your new hardware is too new and it runs too new an OS that doesn't run old programs well. Did you set Kingdoms to run in Compatibility Mode for XP?

Yes, yes and yes. Nothing has stopped the issue but I have found it only happens with large campaign battles.

Hi everyone !

I'm currently playing DLV 6.2 too on my Windows 8.1 laptop, everything was perfect so far, until turns 30+.
    Playing with the Heiliges Römisches Reihc, I had to endure a siege at Vienna, while sieging Milan. All battles with 2000+ men. After every battle I had this "Fatal graphics error", and I tried dozen of times, it happened 9 out of 10 times.
    I've looked for answers on Internet, a lot a people had this issue at the launch of M2TW, but nobody seems to have it during the loading screen of the campaign map, after the battle ends. I've tried with everything low and my drivers are up to date, still no improvement.

So sad, I really love this game and DLV
    If someone could help, thanks in advance !!