Thread: Thank you very much for this great mod!

Default Thank you very much for this great mod!

Thanks a whole lot for this great mod! Finally I found some of the magic from the past TW games. Playing Macedone is a really interesting experience. I should really give up this time consuming hobby of mine, just passed 51 years of age, but you got me back to the computer again. I am just having a lot of fun and the only thing I miss at the moment is an even more athmosphere creating music. It certainly makes a difference.
    I hope you continue enhancing this mod and keep on working on this great project. Ave!

Came to think of it, I might aswell say a few words about what is good about this mod. In short, everything that was not so good with all the other TW games. There ar now:
    1. Fewer battles. You don't have to fight a battle every turn
    2. It is now much less organisation of armies and fleets
    3. Every army must have a general now which gives fewer stacks and a more realistic feeling
    4. The garrisons in cities gives more interesting strategic choices
    5. Forces replenish automatically and thus there is no need for recruiting units every turn
    6. The political aspect in the game is fun when you get the hang of it and adds another dimension to the whole experience.

In short, RTR II gives much more time to concentrate on strategic choices than before but the battles are still very fun and exciting to play. Both on land and sea and they don't last too long either.
    Last edited by Tordenskjold; October 24, 2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Less is more

Default Re: Thank you very much for this great mod!

How are the battles compared to vanilla?

Decanus

Battles are absolutely great - JaM does great combat mechanics.

Torden: a lot of the things you mentioned are simply new Total War mechanics, not R2TR specific.

PS: please try my rework for this mod "R2TR Campaign Rework" in the main thread.

Seconding the praise of the battles - there are lots of mods whose battles I like but I don't think I've ever hit one I love like the R2TR.