Thread: This mod

Default This mod

Is this mod developed enough so that it is playable without any insane CTDs (someone has told me it's new)? Also, does have:

- Complete overhaul of everything
    - New menu screens
    - All historical units for Macedon
    - Little lag
    - Swapping out the campaign map water re-design, I know for a fact from looking at the pictures of it, my PC will die
    - No vanilla banners/unit officer banners from vanilla
    - Starts before vanilla, not after
    - At least 4 turns per year and movement that works with that.

And what are the links to download the latest (stable)version of this mod, and other parts for it, unless they are included (such as Force Diplomacy).

Default Re: This mod

Wow, you have a number of quite precise requests and I'm afraid that that my answers will be a delusion to some regards.

- the game is not so new and it has always been very stable right from the start. We launched version 2.0 three months ago and since then, if we exclude the usual guy clicking the senate button, we had one CTD reported on the forum.
    - If you should experience a CTD (which can never be completely excluded) we have good instructions for debugging in the related section of the forum.
    - Lots of things have been overhauled, but not everything which is a big word.
    - Menu screens are in large part vanilla, but we have the cutest loading screens you'll ever see!
    - I tried to have all historic units for Macedon, but I'm afraid I forgot one or two. The Hypaspist will be available in verson 2.1, maybe in a few weeks.
    - I have no lag at all, but my computer is ultra-fast and loads the game in seven seconds (no lie, I just stopped it). If your hardware is up to our software you should experience nothing less.
    - I have no problems with the map water and I don't understand why it should be different for you. But if there are more people reporting problems (maybe after they tried the game), we might add an option to get rid of it and return to the vanilla sea.
    - Many banners have been changed, but not everything (see above). On the other hand, lots of cute officers have been added to units, even some female like an Illyrian pirate bride and similar.
    - Yes, the game starts in 280 BC with starting positions very close to the actual political situation in that decade. To name one, we have Pyrrhus just landed in Tarentum.
    - No, we have only 2 turns per year and we'll definitely keep it like that. Since our game has an enjoyable fast pace, anything else would make no sense.
    - All versions were stable, but the latest one is RTH 2.0, all parts included except the additional loading screens. Download instructions here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Installation

Let me know, if you have any other questions.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

I have downloaded and installed the mod, but when i put the steam launch settings http://puu.sh/kT5gL/3e2cd0ee67.png, it doesn't work.

This is the folder: http://puu.sh/kT5fU/1843a05681.png

Your installation:

I can see that you have two RTH folders in your directory, but I can't see if the mod is in the right one.
    If it is still in the RTH_2.0 folder you should cut and paste it to the RTH folder instead.

The following thread has some more instructions that may help you to sort out the problem and get it right: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Installation
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!