Thread: Weaker Hun Invasion Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Weaker Hun Invasion Mod

Weaker Hun Invasion

Less Hun DOOM STACKS!!!

- Huns will now get scripted hordes of: max 2 hordes, once per year (4 turns) instead of 3 hordes every 2 turns
    - Max number of scripted hordes reduced up to 50 of vanilla (50% for easy and less reduction for higher levels )
    - Attila becomes mortal after defeating him once (instead of twice)
    - Hordes will now spawn 50% further away from the player (30 hexes instead of 20)

Download

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Weaker Hun Invasion Mod

Looks great, will have to check this out!

However I do wonder, is it possible to eliminate the stack respawns entirely? Like, just give the Huns maybe 6 or 7 stacks when Attila takes over and thats it, as well as making Attila mortal from the beginning?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yeah it is possible. But the stack spawning i can also understand as they were coming from off map. This still keeps them as an annoyance but not ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Artorius View Post
    Looks great, will have to check this out!

However I do wonder, is it possible to eliminate the stack respawns entirely? Like, just give the Huns maybe 6 or 7 stacks when Attila takes over and thats it, as well as making Attila mortal from the beginning?
    This is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Been fighting huns in every campaign. I'd like a change of pace, where huns are like any other normal faction.

Magnar, do you think you can share a mod like that? Completely remove scripting for hunnic horde spawning.

Thank you

Hey Magnar, this mod need a new campaign, or save game compatible?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

It's save game compatible.

Oh thx ! But i begining a new campaign anyway . The hunnies invaded my area( east and northen german territories) , full spamming with 8-9 stacks, stolen my food, ruin eco....
    Thx the mod Dude!

Is it possible to make them into Rome 2's Slave faction where everyone is automagically at war with them?

LEG-IV's Avatar Foederatus

Hey, Magnar your mods are great as always! Anyway, is there a possibility to make the Huns a normal faction like all others were we can play normally the campaign without having to worry about those damned hordes in every bloody turn?
    Just saying...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-IV View Post
    Hey, Magnar your mods are great as always! Anyway, is there a possibility to make the Huns a normal faction like all others were we can play normally the campaign without having to worry about those damned hordes in every bloody turn?
    Just saying...
    yeah its not hard to do, im just focused on other things now so dont do much with these mini mods anymore.

Hi Magnar, I'm trying to get hold of this mod, but I don't have a steam account. Would it be possible to upload this somewhere else and post the link please.

At the moment the endless spawning of elite Hun stacks is killing the enjoyment of the game for me. What doesn't help is Attila seems to be stuck/bugged as a heir and won't become a king, i.e. he is unkillable, which means having to put up with the huns until he dies. I have to keep seven stacks of armies near the area where the Huns spawn or they will desolate the whole map. This means I can't even think about expansion as I'm constantly fighting the huns. It's even harder as the Picts as they only have one semi-decent melee calvary and no access to large Onagers (besides those I've captured by luck). If I use autoresolve 2-3 stacks of my armies = 1 stack of Tier 3 huns.

If you could upload the mod elsewhere I would be very grateful.

Can we get a download from mediafire pleaaaaaassee?

No Mediafire, Apparently.