Thread: Divide and Conquer v.0.51 mini submod: "marka" barded horses for the Gondor bodyguard unit

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Divide and Conquer v.0.51 mini submod: "marka" barded horses for the Gondor bodyguard unit

The DAC Submod for the Gondor bodyguard "marka" barded horse

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0rvgP5f91sjcsono1_1280.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	358571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0rntCIGx1sjcsono1_1280.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	358568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOS 0213.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	316.6 KB 
ID:	358575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0rvgP5f91sjcsono2_1280.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	358572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0rrfMfqL1sjcsono1_1280.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	358569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOS 0211.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	295.5 KB 
ID:	358576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0s063tMw1sjcsono1_1280.jpg 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	358573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0rrfMfqL1sjcsono2_1280.jpg 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	358570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka Barded Horses tumblr_nv0rid7b821sjcsono1_1280.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	358567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor Marka tumblr_nv0s063tMw1sjcsono2_1280.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	358574

This submod is very straightforward and similar to my MOS submod that adds beautiful barded horses for Gondor cavalry units. This submod only changes a few files in order to change the mount type of one unit, the "Gondor Bodyguard" unit (i.e. your generals' cavalry unit, minus Boromir and Faramir). At the moment, DAC only has the "Gondor horse" mount model for Gondor bodyguards, the same mount type that's shared with the "Gondor Cavalry" unit. It looks okay, but come on, this looks better!

None of the textures are of my own creation. The new mounts come from the marka barded horse project submod. They basically allow any other mod to use their models and textures so long as the following members are credited for their original work: the Rusichi Team, Paradamed, KingKong, and AnthoniusII. Cheers to them for their brilliant works of art!

Download instructions:

1) Just in case something goes wrong, back up the following DAC files first if you haven't done so on your hard drive or external drive: "export descr unit" and "descr mount" in the main "data" folder, and the "battle models" file in the "unit models" folder.

2) Whew! Now that that's done, you have two different download options to consider; you only need to choose one or the other, you don't need both. If you are a registered member of TWC forum, you can simply download it here from TWC! Just click the "download" button and then follow the rest of the instructions below. Alternatively, if you are not a member of TWC forum, you can also download it from my Google Drive account. I might make a ModDB link in addition to these, if anyone runs into problems. If so, let me know!

3) Once the new "data.rar" WinRAR window pops up, select the "extract to" option from the list of tabs above. Direct your download DIRECTLY TO THE THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR FOLDER (or whatever name you've given to your mod folder containing your Divide and Conquer submod), do NOT place it directly in the main Medieval II folder, the mods folder, or the data folder within DAC, etc.

4) After selecting the Third Age Total War folder for extracting these files, a message should pop up asking if you want to replace some files. Just say yes to all! If you did not receive this message then you've done something wrong (i.e. directed your download to a folder other than your Third Age Total War folder, or whatever folder you've named for DAC).

5) Boot up the game and enjoy!

Last edited by Roma_Victrix; June 19, 2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Imgur instead of Tumblr pics

Default Re: Divide and Conquer v.0.51 mini submod: "marka" barded horses for the Gondor bodyguard unit

Nice mod man

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Divide and Conquer v.0.51 mini submod: "marka" barded horses for the Gondor bodyguard unit

Those Horsemen look beautiful Roma. thanks for the cool mod man!

No problem, guys! Just tell me if everything worked out okay. Theoretically there should be no problems, since I tested it on my own computer.

Very cool

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It works and looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    It works and looks amazing.
    Phew! That's a relief. Just out of curiosity, did you use the Google Drive download option? I've never used that before as a download option (or, at least, only had it as one of four in the previous submod I made). It would be good to confirm that it is just as reliable as TWC, MEGA, or ModDB.

I havent but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did you use the Google Drive download option? I've never used that before as a download option (or, at least, only had it as one of four in the previous submod I made). It would be good to confirm that it is just as reliable as TWC, MEGA, or ModDB.
    It is reliable, I host many other TATW submods on it, plus, all of my work.

You can also use DropBox, 2+ GB of free space. Only difference is, they have a daily download limit for your FREE account, I think around 10 GB per day, but that`s nothing.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

This is nice hope the modders add it in the official submod release.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Thanks! I agree, that would be cool. But if not, it's no biggie, I can definitely put out a second submod to accomodate the official DAC 1.0 release when it comes.

UPDATE: deleted Tumblr pics and added Imgur ones instead, with a link to my Imgur album.

Do you think you will update this for 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Do you think you will update this for 1.0?
    Sure! Whenever the full v.1.0 is finally released, I'll definitely consider it.

I just bumped in your arms tonight...it must have been something you bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    I play MOS now and then, but I haven't played DAC in a long time. Does the new version have any of my mounts in it? If not I might consider re-releasing this as a new sub mod.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Most but a few bodyguards in new DAC are dismounted units

Gondor bodyguards are now dismounted, but Gondor Cavalry are now post-BE only and they use the barded horse above.

Great! Thanks for letting me know, guys.

Tips fedora intensively.