Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status of Next Build (v6.1)

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default Status of Next Build (v6.1)

Done:
    -added new buildings from Mylae
    -added Razors Romans (except for a few that will be added soon)
    -reskinned the vexillatores to carry proper laburum
    -added carthiginain culture cards (used sassie civilians)
    -made sassie civilian cards NOT arab looking
    -lowered walls (will be making this optional)
    -added a limes script
    -added a forced diplomacy script (ERE and WRE are forced to become allies every turn, HK has been reporting problems with this, though)
    -lowered farm productivity in descr_regions (causes high population growth rate)
    -added juves and DoS's files
    -changed map a bit (land bridge, etc)
    -added a sack of Rome script
    -fixed the custom locations (by Hans Kloss)
    -added anunnak's engines fix
    -changed Picts description
    -incorporated latest DarthDark files
    -reduced chance to rebel (export_rebel_factions.txt)
    -removed the torches
    -added in Goth's battle map lighting
    -redid some german unit names as per SicilianVespers suggestions, added in a few Langobard units
    -added/mixed/replaced Saxon units from ATW edited a few mostly work by Arbaces and Alcibiades
    -fixed charge bonuses for some units
    -juve's new ancilliaries
    -changed to Numidian names for the berbers, differentiated berbers from Arabs a bit - gave berbers ability to build Saharan trade route, gave berbers new units
    -gave Arabs and Berbers ability to build pagan temples, made both cultures half pagan half christian at start, w/ Arabs high chance for Nestorian heresy and Berbers high chance for Donatist heresy
    -added in kambiz's Sassanid ancilliaries
    -changed Sassanid unit structure/roster (Savaran units are now unique per region) with a light/medium cavalry unit in lower building levels (saka, arab, steppe, dehkan) -lots of help from rez
    -added ability to build baths (Eastern/Arabs), high level farms (Eastern) as I found it absurd that 410AD Germans were more 'civilised' than the Sassies/Lakhmids
    -edited temple bonuses as per Csatadi's suggestions

to do:
    -enable the buildings requirements
    -Joar's Roman names (is proving to a be a bit more difficult than the Slavic names, as have to check for what is available what is not-not sure if will push through)
    -add in Slav unit cards
    -add in Armenian leader name
    -add in some Armenian units (so far new Armenian infantry and Armenian cavalry, might add an elite archer)
    -add a few more regions in Thrace as per Juve's suggestion (give Sirmium to WRE, add a few more Moesia, add in Damascus)
    -add in Mylae's campaign script
    -add in Sassanid unique buildings
    -add in Huns errors fix from DoS

would appreciate help on:
    -making 'building ui cards' for the trading buildings:
    metals trading (iron), weapons trading, timber trading, horses trading, luxury goods trading, foodstuff trading - standard for all cultures OK, differentiated much better of course
    -more info on Armenians (heir, ancilliaries, units)
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

DukeofSerbia's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Status of Next Build (v6.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
    -add in Slav unit cards
    You will got description tomorrow. I always forget to finish it...

-add a few more regions in Thrace as per Juve's suggestion (give Sirmium to WRE, add a few more Moesia, add in Damascus)
    Please change location Sirmium because is wrong placed. I posted screenshot. What new settlements in Moesia (PM please)?
    United Soviet States of America
    form of government - financial dictatorship

Liberalism is a mental illness!

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    would appreciate help on:
    -making 'building ui cards' for the trading buildings:
    metals trading (iron), weapons trading, timber trading, horses trading, luxury goods trading, foodstuff trading - standard for all cultures OK, differentiated much better of course
    -more info on Armenians (heir, ancilliaries, units)

look post 47.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=44298&page=3

tell me more about building ui cards for trading.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Please change location Sirmium because is wrong placed. I posted screenshot. What new settlements in Moesia (PM please)?
    I offer to create a new province for WRE Valeria Ripensis with center Sirmium. (Sirmium was in territory WRE, in IBFD this city for some reason within the limits of ERE)
    For ERE need to create province Lower Moesia or Moesia II (Marcianopolis), Upper Moesia or Moesia I (Singidum) and Phoenicia Libani (Damascus: because where is Damascus, one of the biggest eastern city?)

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histo...empire_395.jpg
    http://www.ostu.ru/personal/nikolaev/byzantium5.gif

Ramon, I'llsend you descr_regions with 4 new provinces tomorrow.

i suggest to eliminate Neapolis in palestine and to made it Damascus moving it a bit.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica

i suggest to eliminate Neapolis in palestine and to made it Damascus moving it a bit.
    This may be, why not.

To my mind there are really too much provinces in a such small stategic map, and it becomes a "siege total war" , you should decrease the number of it or... use IceTorque's BI-WarMap II. :hmmm:

But now we speak about replacing one city with another, more known. Absence of Damascus very strange.
    New provinces on the Balkans?
    First, Sirmium it is located incorrectly, it should be moved and given WRE. But also territory ERE without city you will not leave. And Marcianopolis - pay attention, how much biggest provinces on the Balkans and as there are not enough cities, but in fact it is very developed region.
    I absolutely do not have sensation "Siege total War", it is the subjective moment. Though it is better to not neglect reasonable limits, certainly

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

added a forced diplomacy script (ERE and WRE are forced to become allies every turn, HK has been reporting problems with this, though)
    and unfortunatly I have to confirm that.Our original intention was to start campaign with WRE as ERE's client/protectorate thus eliminating possibility of war between those two factions.That part of game's scripting appears to be hardcoded therefore force allience seems as alternative option.Initially everything works OK but as campaign progresses and both factions ally with third parties, script actually start having negative impact on the campaign's progress as per my recent experince testing BETA 6.1

I might try to fix and correct Battle of Chalons so we could have at least one historical battle
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; November 24, 2006 at 01:30 PM.

DukeofSerbia's Avatar Decanus

Default Balkan

Quote Originally Posted by juve
    I offer to create a new province for WRE Valeria Ripensis with center Sirmium. (Sirmium was in territory WRE, in IBFD this city for some reason within the limits of ERE)
    Agree for Sirmium but province name was Pannonia II (modern Srem in Serbia - Valeria Ripensis was in modern Central Hungary).

Quote Originally Posted by juve
    For ERE need to create province Lower Moesia or Moesia II (Marcianopolis), Upper Moesia or Moesia I (Singidum) and Phoenicia Libani (Damascus: because where is Damascus, one of the biggest eastern city?)

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histo...empire_395.jpg
    http://www.ostu.ru/personal/nikolaev/byzantium5.gif
    I am not sure for Singidunum (modern Belgrade). Viminacium is better. http://www.viminacium.org.yu/

@Mylae

Check this link http://www.viminacium.org.yu/ Maybe you find something for your unique building system. And look whole site.

P.S.
    Huns under Atilla attacks Romans (from site):
    Last edited by DukeofSerbia; November 24, 2006 at 02:07 PM.
    United Soviet States of America
    form of government - financial dictatorship

Liberalism is a mental illness!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    yes, based on that info I was able to differentiate Armenian faction kleader from Sassanid faction leader (I used same before) but if there is also info on Armenian faction heir,
    on ancilliaries, I am using Sassanid ancilliaries also for Armenia, maybe have to work w/ that for a while

tell me more about building ui cards for trading.
    I have made 6 new buildings:
    metals trading, timber trading, horse trading (dogs will become horse), luxury goods trading (silk, wine, marble, etc), foodstuffs trading (sheep, pigs, olive oil, etc take away hides, furs, wild animals), weapons trading

from the post in Riothamus' thread on military/economic cities:

to improve barracks needs smith OR weapons trading (new building)
    to build smith needs iron resource OR iron trading (new building)

to improve stables needs horses resource OR horses trading (new building)

to build boats needs timber resource OR timber trading (new building)

to improve farms needs roads AND (for higher level farms) resource grain = easily done

to improve markets needs:
    lvl2-lvl trading building
    lvl3-lvl2 trading building (lvl2 trading building would require 2 lvl1 trading so needs to be trading 2 resources) lvl4-lvl2 trading building AND higher lvl farm **changed to foodstuffs + farms
    lvl5-lvl3 trading building (lvl3 trading building would require trading all tradeable resources) AND higher lvl farm **changed to luxury goods + foodstuffs + farms

to improve city needs:
    market AND temple/church AND barracks

cities w/trading buildings will get +bonuses if the resource is available in the city and - bonuses if the resource is not available, alternatively will just allow trading when resource is NOT available.
    To my mind there are really too much provinces in a such small stategic map, and it becomes a "siege total war" , you should decrease the number of it or...
    don't worry, I try not to make that situation as I dislike it myself, pity the great mundus magna

use IceTorque's BI-WarMap II.
    problem w/ Warmap is it doesn't extend enough to the east, I heard Icetorque is working on new warmap extending farther east (for M2TW-might use that for IB2)
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; November 25, 2006 at 11:25 PM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Ice torques map is only 265 X 156 and so can easily be extended to the east, it also is better for the west as there are more provinces there so the mod could be more focused on the fall of the west without having siege total war.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

And why not making some stone border forts in strategic places, like in crusades mod?

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Problem is not everybody likes the size and geographic inaccuracies of warmap. Were fine using the map we have now no point in toiling over a new one.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I understand the reasons for keeping with the current map for the new build, but I would like to put support behind the idea of using Ice Torque's M2TW WarMap for IB2. Personally I love playing on that scale. I believe that Rio edited the WarMap for his mod, and he did a beautiful job with it, so maybe he could help with the map for IB2?

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I believe that Rio edited the WarMap for his mod, and he did a beautiful job with it, so maybe he could help with the map for IB2?
    Thanks cherryfunk....cant get a forum smiley to work ok this will do...
    Yes, for my mod its a work in progress. It does appear to me a preference thing...huge map or large. Done right they have there strengths. Maybe someone should do one of those polls?
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 26, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by king Rick View Post
    Ice torques map is only 265 X 156 and so can easily be extended to the east, it also is better for the west as there are more provinces there so the mod could be more focused on the fall of the west without having siege total war.
    nope, Icetorque told me newest warmap is max map_heights for RTW engine so cannot be extended.

I personally like the scale of warmap but extending to the east is, for my purposes, more important; and in this regard the celt's map is just right. after seeing everything, though, a more grander scale map, ca.1.5 of current one or .75 of warmap (same scale as warmap as mentioned above CANNOT fit) but extending as far as the current map is, would really be just perfect - however, I don't think it is worth working on it, unless by some reason M2TW becomes really unmoddable. I really don't like how the Sassanids have become a paltry nation in vanilla when they should be one of the strongest and a definite challenge to Rome.

However, a mod focusing on same era with a more magnified/focused view of the area is just as interesting (Rio's IBFD or ATW) and if Rio isn't already already doing such a fine job I would have made an IBFD on warmap another of my planned projects.

and for IB2, once things can get going (so far doesn't seem hopeful CA will be releasing a mesh conversion tool), I am really considering Icetorque's planned Warmap (which he said will be extended to the east), probably with a little editing (regions especially or if the map is too extended, etc) and in that case I would welcome Rio's help or if he prefers working on a submod then, that would be just as welcome.

'And why not making some stone border forts in strategic places, like in crusades mod?'
    gotta see how CB did that, afaik it should replace ALL forts and ALL forts being stone forts would be inaccurate, I might also think he used a 'region' to make the stone fort?...

yeah the smilies aren't working
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

ramon, i will like if you could upload the latest work on filefront. yesterday finally i get a new copy of invasio Barbarorum, so i'm able to work again; until a couple of weeks ago, as i've tell you, the program has start to go grazy by itself, and spawn random crashes here and there.
    for example, i was not able to add more buildings.

by the way, i will make something for new buildings here and there, and put all into a unique file, so you could use it and copy paste without rewriting.
    i've noticed hidden_resources used for unique buildings were diffused a lot... :? that is wierd, because unique buildings are supposed to be unique, and that's all. maybe we have to insert a new hidden resource?

i will made some script feature for foederati too, and some little graphical thing here and there.
    since you have 3dsmax, could you please send me a full-screen high-definition image of some particularly nice unit, in some cool pose? (like the razor's ones, or some hephtalite unit... i think we could do a couple of short "unit description" to use as loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    ramon, i will like if you could upload the latest work on filefront. yesterday finally i get a new copy of invasio Barbarorum, so i'm able to work again; until a couple of weeks ago, as i've tell you, the program has start to go grazy by itself, and spawn random crashes here and there.
    for example, i was not able to add more buildings.
    by the way, i will make something for new buildings here and there, and put all into a unique file, so you could use it and copy paste without rewriting.
    will upload, ... probably Thursday... or maybe a bit earlier, I hope.
    might be better if u still inform me what u changed as I am still editing buildings (usu unit recruitment)
    i've noticed hidden_resources used for unique buildings were diffused a lot... :? that is wierd, because unique buildings are supposed to be unique, and that's all. maybe we have to insert a new hidden resource?
    the thing with unique buildings and hidden resources is this:
    the hidden resource is used to avoid the building of the unique building in 'another' region, since all unique buildings are available in the start of the game and is not necessary to build, and are, furthermore, indestructible.
    so in the previous version the only possible place where this problem can crop up is w/ hidden resource dalmatia (many regions have this) and the dioclet, however, to build the dioclet u need the rostra w/c can only be built in rome, so it is impossible to do.
    in the new version, there is the new 'base building' w/c can be built in dalmatia, and the dioclet w/c can then be built from the base building. this can cause many 'dioclets' to be buildable.
    -one solution is to limit building the base building to say, rome, w/c cannot be built, since there is already the higher level buildings there, and since it cannot be built in dalmatia, there is no way of building a new 'dioclet'
    -another solution, of course, is to make a new hidden resource (but the hidden resources might be needed for later)

i will made some script feature for foederati too, and some little graphical thing here and there.
    now you mentioned this I remembered you mentioning about the foederati units
    w/out adding in new models (DMB is almost full) we can have specific foederati units of Franks, Vandals, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Huns, basically any non-Roman unit. we can also retain a few 'generic' foederati units if you want

since you have 3dsmax, could you please send me a full-screen high-definition image of some particularly nice unit, in some cool pose? (like the razor's ones, or some hephtalite unit... i think we could do a couple of short "unit description" to use as loading screen.
    sure, will do. will give u a few to make ur choice.
    I also remembered the request u made of the barbarians walking in fraps capture, what faction was that again? Visigoths?
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast