Thread: Another Question xD

Default Another Question xD

So, elven commanders are on foot, but theres one commander that has cavalry (Noldor)
    He also has a unit (Noldor Swords) that I can't re-recruit anywhere.

Are these units one time only units? or is there a building/settlement that can make more?

Default Re: Another Question xD

Those Noldor Riders are all you're ever gonna get, and when Glorfindel dies (or departs for the West), they're gone forever. So use 'em while you've got 'em! If they take losses during battle, they will replenish just as any other bodyguard unit, though.

IIRC, the Noldor Swords are retrainable in Rivendell ... possibly you can recruit them there as well. Caspoi or one of the other Elf-players will have a more definitive answer, but my short version is: Get to Rivendell before Glorfindel dies!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    Those Noldor Riders are all you're ever gonna get, and when Glorfindel dies (or departs for the West), they're gone forever. So use 'em while you've got 'em! If they take losses during battle, they will replenish just as any other bodyguard unit, though.

IIRC, the Noldor Swords are retrainable in Rivendell ... possibly you can recruit them there as well. Caspoi or one of the other Elf-players will have a more definitive answer, but my short version is: Get to Rivendell before Glorfindel dies!
    Awesome thanks!
    It'd be cool if I could retrain some of my generals to those Noldor riders. They looked so cool I feel like it's a waste of a good unit.

The Count is right, neither the riders or swordsmen can be recruited and the way for you to retrain your noldor swordsmen is to build the top level barracks in Rivendell, as this might take while it is highky recomended to keep them out of battles you are not sure you are going to win, or any intense fire.

EDIT: Also, you should probably put things like this in the general feedback, or in this case elven feedback, threads.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Cool things should remain limited or they loose a lot of their specialness, glad you like them though . Also, it really would be stretching the lore past breaking point to have packs of Noldor roaming around the Fourth Age of Middle-earth destroying armies.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Cool things should remain limited or they loose a lot of their specialness, glad you like them though . Also, it really would be stretching the lore past breaking point to have packs of Noldor roaming around the Fourth Age of Middle-earth destroying armies.
    Not to mention that having a full stack of units who each could annialate an army is a tiny bit overpowered.
    Last edited by caspoi; October 22, 2015 at 03:00 AM.