Thread: Any working links?

Default Any working links?

I wanna try this mod out but there are no links to download it. All the existing ones are dead. Can someone upload the mod again please?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any working links?

I'll ask the guys from the vault if they have a back up. Not very optimistic, though.

This torrent seems to be working:
    http://www.gameupdates.org/details.p...ts.php&id=5189 829.3mb Version 3.80.16

I am downloading it myself now and will be compiling a new installer for it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM.

Don't bother. I actually got it from that torrent, but the mod doesn't work. It won't start up. I the Run the exe file and nothing happens not even an error message. So unless someone fixes it, there is no use in uploading it.

This has to be the third dead broken mod I found in this forum. I really wanted an alternative from Stainless Steel.

Blog Entries

The exe is the installer for the mod, not the mod itself. I tried it and it takes a little while to start up, might be an AV program checking the file.

I intend to check on the stability of the mod and make it steam compatible, after that I'll compile a new installer. This may take a day or two, check back on the weekend in this post for a new version, I am going to rework the whole post to only include live links.

Edit: the default installation path is not correct. Make sure to browse to the Medieval II Total War\mods folder and then add Regionmod_Kings to the path, making it look similar to this:

C:\Program files\Medieval II Total War\mods\Regionmod_Kings
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 14, 2015 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The exe is the installer for the mod, not the mod itself. I tried it and it takes a little while to start up, might be an AV program checking the file.

I intend to check on the stability of the mod and make it steam compatible, after that I'll compile a new installer. This may take a day or two, check back on the weekend in this post for a new version, I am going to rework the whole post to only include live links.

Edit: the default installation path is not correct. Make sure to browse to the Medieval II Total War\mods folder and then add Regionmod_Kings to the path, making it look similar to this:

C:\Program files\Medieval II Total War\mods\Regionmod_Kings
    It is EXACTLY like that. And it doesn't work. I click on the Icon to run, a black window appears for a second and then nothing else happens. if then i click it again, Steam will say an Instance already is running. So then I'll have to terminate the Process, otherwise it's just going to stay there doing nothing. But I'll keep my eye open for that new installer.

Blog Entries

I am busy compiling, should have a torrent up within 24 hours. A 'regular' download might take a bit longer.

Edit: torrent is up.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Added regular download (MediaFire) as well.

Thanks man. I'll give it a go as soon as I can.

Well I'm glad I saw this so I can fix my glitching game installation with the newest version and I don't know if you'll ever see this but thanks Gigantus everything you do is awesome especially RotK I love that mod