Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to post an error log

Default Re: How to post an error log

My log has size of 2.7 gb. İs it normal?

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    My log has size of 2.7 gb. İs it normal?
    It is if you've played a long session with the tracking level set to "trace" rather than "error". As it says in an earlier post, for normal play you need to change it in the config or it will impact performance and make your game unstable.

Perroelo's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, I have had some CTDs but the log does not appear, all I see is an empty "logs" folder. I'm playing the 2.2r version. I even reinstalled MTW2 and EB2. I added the [log] lines to both medieval.preference.cfg and ebii.cfg

I use these lines
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [log]
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    #level = * trace
    level = * error

some time before I tried with the other lines (without the "#" line), and had the same problem.

Any ideas?

P.S.: love your mod. I've been reading more history because of you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    Hello, I have had some CTDs but the log does not appear, all I see is an empty "logs" folder. I'm playing the 2.2r version. I even reinstalled MTW2 and EB2. I added the [log] lines to both medieval.preference.cfg and ebii.cfg

I use these lines
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [log]
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    #level = * trace
    level = * error

some time before I tried with the other lines (without the "#" line), and had the same problem.

Any ideas?

P.S.: love your mod. I've been reading more history because of you people.

1. Just to be sure, are you checking the logs folder under mods/ebii, or is it the logs folder under the base Medieval II directory that is empty?
    2. Where is M2TW installed? Is it in Program Files? There are some issues there with having permissions to create files like the log, etc. It's recommended to install it outside. e.g. I have C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\Common\Medieval II Total War\, though the shorter the path the better.

Perroelo's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    1. Just to be sure, are you checking the logs folder under mods/ebii, or is it the logs folder under the base Medieval II directory that is empty?
    2. Where is M2TW installed? Is it in Program Files? There are some issues there with having permissions to create files like the log, etc. It's recommended to install it outside. e.g. I have C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\Common\Medieval II Total War\, though the shorter the path the better.
    1.- I'm checking both. The one under mods/ebii and under the base M2TW directory. They are both empty.
    2.-It is installed outside program files: C:\Medieval\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War is the directory (Medieval is a folder I created specially fot the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    1.- I'm checking both. The one under mods/ebii and under the base M2TW directory. They are both empty.
    2.-It is installed outside program files: C:\Medieval\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War is the directory (Medieval is a folder I created specially fot the game)
    Hmm, I'm afraid I can't remember anything else to try to find out why there aren't any log files, then. Maybe make a blank one with the same name as ebii.cfg specifies and then start up the game and perhaps it will overwrite it.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

eb.system.log.rar

Hello, plase find enclosed Log file, it CTD's when I start battle, it says that its video card/graphics issue but I run 4 GB ramDDR4 with 940 MX video core i5 processor.

last CTD came when defenders of Syracuse tried to engage in battle.

regards

Hi,

I frequently get CTD's after battles. Please find the log in the post.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [/U]

Quote Originally Posted by jinandjuice View Post
    Hi,

I frequently get CTD's after battles. Please find the log in the post.

Thank you.
    That is the "small error log" file. We'll need the full size one in order to better evaluate the problem (please read the first post in this thread for instructions on how to alter your ebii.cfg file in order to generate full size log files).

But just based on your comment, is this a single problem involving the same battle, or something that happens periodically after different battles? If the latter, there's a known CTD (not directly fixable) in which the game needs a little time before it transitions back to the strat map. The workaround is to leave the post-battle report alone for a minute or so before hitting the close button. That seems to give the game enough time to process the battle results without overloading RAM. So, please try that.
    EBII Council

Thank you. I realized I posted on the wrong thread, I will rectify the log issue and resume the conversation in the proper thread.

In response to your CTD advice, I tried waiting 2 minutes after my last battle but still resulted in a CTD. I have posted the big error log in the Launcher & String and CTD issues thread.
    [/U]

Icon5 Re: How to post an error log

Sorry wrong place to post my log.
    Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; January 05, 2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

An extract isn't much use to me, I need the whole log, with trace enabled. Then compress it and attach to a post.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    An extract isn't much use to me, I need the whole log, with trace enabled. Then compress it and attach to a post.
    Oh ! Thank you for your asking.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...system.log.rar

I created this thread as well :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...bmods-included

Thank you for your precious time.

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Oh ! Thank you for your asking.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...system.log.rar

I created this thread as well :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...bmods-included

Thank you for your precious time.
    Sounds like your issue is fixed, but for future reference, you need to change the logging method in the config, as it explains in the first post of this thread, before uploading. The truncated log you've uploaded doesn't explain what went wrong, only that something did.

Sounds like your issue is fixed, but for future reference, you need to change the logging method in the config, as it explains in the first post of this thread, before uploading. The truncated log you've uploaded doesn't explain what went wrong, only that something did.
    Ok will do.

My problem is actually not gone. I can't load my save from the lobby directly (crashes). I have to load a turn 1 save, then load my turn 148 from there. Strange...

I'm sorry for asking, but after staring long minutes at your first post, I only came to the conclusion I had to swap the lines of my [log]. Is that it ? To me, my ebii.cfg is already alright... I'm not a pro...

I found this instruction at the end of player guide 2.35

I think this is different from what is suggested in your first post. I'm no native speaker, so there may be some subtility... What's more I'm clueless in coding...

So to summ it up :

When I play and don't want the full log :

level = *error
    #level = * trace

And when I want to use the the game with the full log, I replace those two lines with this :
    level = * trace

Is that it ?

Just move the hashtag from the second to the first line.

Just move the hashtag from the second to the first line.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Thank you !
    And remember to move it back again when you resume normal play.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast