Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armoured Warfare

Default Re: Armoured Warfare

Might check this out, if only for the PvE missions. Glad they included those, WoT should've added bot battles from the start.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

What was a bigest surprice is that Developers make their presence know by posting some posts.
    They may or may never include customers sugestions in their game, but is always pleasant to know that a customer's voice is heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    "PVE missions seam to be game's strong point. Infact WoT should have "historical battles" from the begining." see above.
    Also I seem to remember the website claiming it was realistic... I was also not sure how you do this.while ignoring elements of modern warfare like infantry.
    Yes...as tankfriend said WoT should have bot battles from the start.
    Better from patch 0.6.0 (1st open beta i participated) to 0.6.9 the majority of tanks were more or less historical.
    In that point WoT should introduse Historical battles as I sugested in my very early posts in WoT forum.
    Also i had sugested to WoT team a matchmaker based on historical eras
    1939-1941
    1940-1942
    1941-1943
    1942-1945
    ----------
    Fights of non historical tanks only
    ---------
    1945-1950
    1950-1969

Instead WoT trying to gather money from players that needed easy wins to feed their ego, inserted T-59 in a totaly unballanced stats in patch 0.7.0
    Then totaly OP and unballance autoloaders apeared, more imaginary tanks or failed prototypes that in that game are "superior" of real and combat proven tanks.
    When Historical battles did apear in WoT no one wanted to play them because they could not have an easy win with their OP tanks already were addicted to play with.
    How unballanced those OP tanks were was better shown in the "Battles of Nations" when ALL or almost all wanted to play with OP autoloaders!
    The players that asked for game chalenge started to flee from WoT after patch 0.7.1 !
    There was no need for manuevers or a clever play simply because your opponet could hit your tracks and finish you in less than 20 secs!
    Not to mention invisible tanks in totaly open spaces and in distances less than 500 m!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 12, 2015 at 03:29 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

the wot historical battles were bad from inception, it wasn't even a matter of OP tanks, (which auto loaders aren't OP, despite how many tears they produce) the set up had tier 4/5 tanks against tier 7 tanks. In Wot that difference is ridiculous considering half the people struggle to drive forward and there's guaranteed to be no team work. The other problem was that the maps try to funnel you into lanes, which is really bad for a tank that needs to flank to even do damage.

Another thing i'm liking about AW is that the spotting seems to be actually in favor of scouting vehicles, no medium tanks doing the same thing except with more health, more armor, more firepower, etc. Now lets watch them listen to people crying about how their MBT can't solo the entire enemy team and everything up....
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Pielstick's Avatar Domesticus

I've installed AW and had a few PvP matches in it. Yeah it's pretty much WoT with more modern tanks and nicer graphics. I haven't tried the PvE yet so I can't comment on that.

As a TD player in WoT I find myself frustrated with the more recent map changes in that game that have favoured brawlers at the expense of snipers. I'm hoping AW will be a little more balanced in this regard where the maps give every class and type of vehicle a chance to shine.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Maps are very detailed and too many stuff around for cover. I think playing with TD's will be boring but i'm at Tier3 atm so dunno.

Just scored my first PvE match with over 10 000 damage dealt.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have to say, the T-64 is a very nice machine for PvE. The frontal armour is trollish enough that a good deal of bot tanks has trouble damaging you at all (*very* handy for unlocking the Western European MBTs), it's fairly mobile, the gun depression is acceptable, and it has massive firepower.

I was expecting TDs were armored or tuff but they are pretty much scouts with highest damage/penetration and the squishiests.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Just scored my first PvE match with over 10 000 damage dealt.

I have to say, the T-64 is a very nice machine for PvE. The frontal armour is trollish enough that a good deal of bot tanks has trouble damaging you at all (*very* handy for unlocking the Western European MBTs), it's fairly mobile, the gun depression is acceptable, and it has massive firepower.
    Exept commanders , is there a way to move crew in other tanks too?
    I was expecting TDs were armored or tuff but they are pretty much scouts with highest damage/penetration and the squishiests.
    You make the same mistake WG promoted and its players adopted.
    Tank destroyers are not always armored.
    In fact tank destroyers were always light vehicles like M18 Hellcat.
    What players call as tank destroyers are actually Assault Guns. The fact that German assault guns forced to hide and defend is another fact.
    Assault guns were in the front line of an attack and not hided! There was the need of heavy armor.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Exept commanders , is there a way to move crew in other tanks too?
    No, not yet. I hope they add that in the future.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I await you mortals:

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Slowly crawling to it with the Chief, myself. The credit grind is rather horrible when you only play PvE and the free 7 days of premium are gone.
    The Chally is scheduled for a buff, by the way. http://armoredtalk.com/2015/10/17/ne...warfare-world/

Playing Starshi t made me remember that horrid WoP experience. I mean when you got spotted you are simply finished so I'll just stick with medium-pve matches until tier5.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

The Starship is a beast in PVE with heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Anyone else finding the difficulty level in PvE games can sometimes jump around a little wildly? One time you encounter mostly transports and TDs with a few tanks in the mix, then replaying the same mission, same difficulty there's nothing but Chieftains and Pattons crawling outta the woodwork.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Yes, it's a bit wonky at times. Especially at Tier 5/6+, or when there's a single player in the team dragging everyone upwards.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you log into the Armoured Warfare game before 22nd November you will get a tier 3 T-62 Veteran vehicle added to your garage (it's not a premium vehicle).

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthrea...r-our-Veterans!

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Got it the first day it was available. It's exactly the same as the standard T-62, except that it has camouflage, Soviet stars and Russian inscription painted on, and doesn't belong to any dealer.

On another note, I got me a Challenger 1. Worst investment I've made, honestly. Armour is half decent, but it's slow, sluggish, and doesn't have a lot of firepower compared to the other tanks at its level. For me as an almost exclusive PvE player, it's just a really bad option, because the AI is too stupid to handle most armour, and damage determines your income. 6 million credits down the drain.

Also let me point out how ridiculously low the credits income in PvE is. I can see that PvP should earn a bit more as an incentive to get people to play PvP and not just PvE (conversely, PvE earns more research), but something is just wrong when a decent Tier 7 PvE match (8.5 to 9k damage, 6-10 minutes) earns you as much as a Tier 3 premium YOLO PvP match (600 damage, 3-5 minutes). If you have the same PvE match with the consumable used (-20k credits), you even just earn as much as a Tier 3 premium that immediately goes AFK after entering a PvP match.

Tried to play it again after trying the beta months ago. The PVP seems a bit dead, it takes a while to find a game, even in tier I. The number of people online on a server is not written, but for the EU server, I'd say that less than 10k people play the PVP during the week-end.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you log into Armoured Warfare there will be a Type 59 Legend awaiting you.

Not sure how long it will be there for.

It's a Tier 3 Premium vehicle.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

It was available until 3rd of January or something. I missed out on it (and all other bonus vehicles on WoT, WoWs etc.) because I had to change residence at the end of the year. Oh well - those things are usually pretty useless, anyway, so not much was lost. In case of AW, I got the Object 155 for the stress test, which basically is the same as the Type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12