Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armoured Warfare

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Armoured Warfare

Armoured Warfare is now in open beta if anyone is interested.

I'm downloading it at the moment.

http://aw.my.com/gb?lang=en_US

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Armoured Warfare

Already did..
    But i expects more to be honest.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I played it during the stress test a week or two ago (which was also public), and it's exactly what I expected - a modern-day WoT clone, and not much more. I have to say that I like its reduced random factor and fixed artillery gameplay, though.

Either way, I'll probably just play PvE most of the time. The rewards are relatively bad compared to PvP, but I want to enjoy playing the game, and not get frustrated by random factor, bad teams and the like.

Citizen

From the videos that Jingles has posted it does seem PvE may be the way to go for enjoyment - not having to depend on a team beating other players will be a nice change especially for me that was one of the less enjoyable parts of WoT (no regular team play).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Dowloading but it's too slow (1.0mpbs). If their ingame servers crappy like this i think many people will suffer.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Dowloading but it's too slow (1.0mpbs). If their ingame servers crappy like this i think many people will suffer.
    When I started to download the game it was showing 2 days to download.... Withing 20 or so minutes it was down to about 7 hours. It's just finished installing but I've not fired the game up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    I played it during the stress test a week or two ago (which was also public), and it's exactly what I expected - a modern-day WoT clone, and not much more. I have to say that I like its reduced random factor and fixed artillery gameplay, though.

Either way, I'll probably just play PvE most of the time. The rewards are relatively bad compared to PvP, but I want to enjoy playing the game, and not get frustrated by random factor, bad teams and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    From the videos that Jingles has posted it does seem PvE may be the way to go for enjoyment - not having to depend on a team beating other players will be a nice change especially for me that was one of the less enjoyable parts of WoT (no regular team play).
    PVE missions seam to be game's strong point. Infact WoT should have "historical battles" from the begining. When it did players "refused" to play non OP tanks instead of pleasure!
    Enviroment graphics are way better than wot...I encountered a PVE mission with and without rain (weather conditions) and in night!
    But that seams extremly rare. A weak point of PVE misions is that game still has 1 mission per tier and per dealer. That will be come realy borring to players.
    I can not be sure if the folloing feature will be permanent but tanks have no visual change after upgardes. No other gun models , no other engine place or chenge on hull etc.
    Also AW had advertised the abillity of adding on tanks several parts like extra armor etc that will change the look of a tank also. Nothing is there (atleast in what i have encountered so far).
    As proof is that Leo-2 will be actually three tanks instead one tank's upgrades!
    When I started to download the game it was showing 2 days to download.... Withing 20 or so minutes it was down to about 7 hours. It's just finished installing but I've not fired the game up yet.
    I needed ten hours to download and install the game.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    A weak point of PVE misions is that game still has 1 mission per tier and per dealer. That will be come realy borring to players.
    The PvE missions change with time. You might get the same mission several times in a row, but then it will switch to a different one at some point. And from what I've seen so far, there's already a good deal of different missions that can turn up.
    I can not be sure if the folloing feature will be permanent but tanks have no visual change after upgardes. No other gun models , no other engine place or chenge on hull etc.
    Also AW had advertised the abillity of adding on tanks several parts like extra armor etc that will change the look of a tank also. Nothing is there (atleast in what i have encountered so far).
    This is possible, but it's still rather limited.
    For example, upgrading the gun on the PT-76 also changes the physical model of the gun. Once you research/buy the Stillbrew appliqué armour for the Chieftain, it's also visibly added to the tank. And I assume that any missile defense systems will also be visibly added to your tank when you get them.

Comes Domesticorum

It seems to me from the videos I've seen that it's a direct WoT clone and that's not something I'm really interested in, though I'd love to be able to play these tanks in a more War Thunder style.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm downloading it now to give it a go but I agree with Stav.
    Especially if War Thunder moved away from those smaller maps and had more open and larger maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    It seems to me from the videos I've seen that it's a direct WoT clone and that's not something I'm really interested in, though I'd love to be able to play these tanks in a more War Thunder style.
    And then getting one-shotted with mystical ammo from two tier below tanks through tiny driver hatch within 1kmeters, no thanks.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    And then getting one-shotted with mystical ammo from two tier below tanks through tiny driver hatch within 1kmeters, no thanks.
    Okay, have fun with your health bars then.

Some more points of interest:
    Tank models seam to be more detailed than WoT's espesialy those i had the chance to have personal idea of use.
    M48 is by far better in details .You can tell that from the extend of details in suspensions.
    The tank metal and color essence is better than the WoT latest update then made tanks more shiny when they dod not use paid cammo skin.
    The sounds of loading a gun , the sounds of high velosity shells and the sound of certain guns are also better in AW.
    Even the ricoshets sounds are more realistic! Some minor details like the sound or rain or the sound of the wooden branches that brake under tanks tracks and therain "drops" in player's screen add some realistic atmosphear. Tanks' color change according to map, lighting , weather too.
    But...
    In some cases accesories graphics lack of detail. Also if you will watch closely your tank when battle loads, graphics start to load from minimum to highest detail slowly.
    AW style of game is more scimilar to WT than WoT.
    WoT has a superior point in focused aim position..The one that aims can clearly see the rocks or anything that prevents him to aim the enemy tank without detail loss.
    In AW the red outline of the tank target dominates to what ever is infrom of the actuall tank target and prevents the shoter to realise what he/she has infron of the target.
    The extend varietion of ammunition makes game harder but in the end more realistic despite the high rates of non pen shots until player will learn which ammo is for what target.

Citizen

Does anyone know if there is going to be a wipe after the open beta completes?

There won't be according to this.

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/introducing-open-beta

How can it have historical missions when it is missing everything but tanks?

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Who said anything about historical missions, anyway?

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Does anyone know if there is going to be a wipe after the open beta completes?
    according to the website there won't be any more progress wipes.

----------------------------------------------
    seems to be pretty good for open beta. It will probably feel like a direct wot clone unless you played wot a lot but a promising start.

For pro's, it plays a lot better then Wot at low tiers, probably due to wot starting with tractors with guns vs actual combat vehicles. The maps are bigger so there is more opportunity to play anything besides MBT's and have fun. The alpha seems to be much much lower (although i've only seen game play to tier 6), the arty system is much better, the upgrading/retrofit system is very interesting (although im still at tier 2 though where it's very limited)

as for cons, I think it's more grindy then wot (although you can earn a lot of xp in PvE), the graphics are very good, which is only a problem for people with potato laptops like me, since there isn't even an option to turn off "extras" like shadows and a few other eye candy things. I get 45+ fps but my laptop starts getting really warm after a few battles... Also the physics are wonky, anything that gains speed drives like a dune buggy despite being a dozen tons or more.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

"PVE missions seam to be game's strong point. Infact WoT should have "historical battles" from the begining." see above.
    Also I seem to remember the website claiming it was realistic... I was also not sure how you do this.while ignoring elements of modern warfare like infantry.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast