I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

Playing as the Alans, I can see my allies (the Vandals) turn, such as their army movements. However, if I ally with anyone else, I cannot see their turns. The exception to this is if I negotiate "Military Access" with the faction first, and then when I achieve Defensive or Military Alliance, I am able to fully see them. Unfortunately, the only way to negotiate "Military Access" is to do so while you are at war with them, or the diplomatic option will simply not show up.

As a result, if I wish to effectively coordinate attacks with one of my allies or simply view what they are viewing, I have to declare war on them first, attack their enemies, and negotiate peace with them with Military Access. Once the Vandals settle, I lose the ability to see their turns, since I do not start with Military Access with them. So I have to end the alliance, wait the turns so I don't get the diplo penalty, declare war on them, attack their enemies, negotiate peace with Military Access, get Defensive Alliance, and then finally Military Alliance.

It's a pain. Does anyone know why this is? Or if there is a better workaround/mod to fix it?