Thread: AI invincible when defending walls

Default AI invincible when defending walls

Hey guys, I just registered to ask this question. Sorry if its been answered in another thread.

With DM installed, whenever I try to take a castle from the AI and I use ladders or towers to engage in melee combat on the walls, the AI seems to have some sort of godly buff. I can send a unit of dismounted knights to fight up close with some crossbowmen up on a wall and the entire unit will get wiped out while the crossbows only suffer around 10-20 casualties. No matter what I try I can't seem to make a dent on any AI units when fighting on a wall.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of defender buff, but this is ridiculous.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this just some isolated bug? I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times and gotten the same results.

Also cav is retardedly unresponsive.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: AI invincible when defending walls

Wall issue
    Open up your config ai battle xml in the mod data folder and change this line
    <defender-bias>?.??</defender-bias>
    to
    <defender-bias>0.01</defender-bias>

Cav issue
    Replace the pathfinding files with vanilla or modify the budget part of the code.

If you want to learn more about modding all of that in general, check out this tutorial.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)