Thread: Celebrating a Gold Writers' Study Competition Medal for Lugotorix

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Celebrating a Gold Writers' Study Competition Medal for Lugotorix

A New Legend

Once, there were seven. Seven writers whose names are legendary here. Juvenal, Hesus de bodemloze, SeniorBatavianHorse, Robin de Bodemloze, Theodotos I, Radzeer, Hitai de Bodemloze. Seven holders of the highest competition award of the Writers' Study: the Gold Writers' Study Competition Medal.

Now, there are eight. An eighth writer has earned a place of honour alongside them.

Lugotorix's Rome II AAR The Black-Hearted Lords of Thrace has achieved over 21,000 views – more than any other Rome II AAR on TWC. Who is the author of the Attila AAR with the highest number of views? Were you thinking of Lugotorix and his remarkable story Trapstila Vandalarius: The Fall of the Romano-Gothic Empire? You were right.

Here’s what some notable writers on TWC have said about Lugotorix’s writing:-

“This first place placing is worthy of this well-crafted AAR”
    - Scottish King, when Lugotorix won his first MAARC with The Bastard Sons of Hannibal Barca.

“Lugotorix once again dazzles us with a Rome 2 AAR”
    - Scottish King, when Lugotorix’s Rome II AAR The Pasture of Slaughter was one of the winners in the MAARC L.

“excellent screenshots and battle descriptions”
    - Merchant of Venice, when Lugotorix's Rome II AAR The Black-Hearted Lords of Thrace was one of the winners of the MAARC LV.

"[Trapstila Vandalarius] captured the imagination of its readers"
    - Merchant of Venice, when Lugotorix’s Attila AAR Trapstila Vandalarius was one of the winners of the MAARC LVII.

This is not even the first significant award Lugotorix has won - The Black Hearted Lords of Thrace was awarded Most Picturesque AAR in the Writers’ Study 2014 Annual Awards!

Perhaps the best way to know the quality and impact of a writer such as Lugotorix is to read his work for yourself. Then come back here and join us in celebrating the creation of a new legend!

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Default Re: Celebrating a Gold Writers' Study Competition Medal for Lugotorix

I feel honored. Thanks so much, Alwyn, and of course Scottish King, Dance, Merchant and Hitai, and everyone else for making the competitions I participated in possible: It is my hope that this brings more readers to the Rome II and Attila boards. I will strive to earn these men's company, by finishing my long running AARs! I just finished another campaign that I took records of, but I won't get ahead of myself.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

May he join those of which who have also earned their spot in the hall of legends! May he be remembered as one of the eight! Congrats Lugo

Well done, and welcome to the club!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations, Lugotorix! Hail to the newest Writers' Study legend!

It's good to know you haven't decided to take the rest you've definitely earned - we'll be able to enjoy the continuation of your current AARs, and it sounds as if there might be more AARs in future.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

well done indeed !
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader