Thread: Engaging a crusading army : )

Default Engaging a crusading army : )

So I was at war with Milan for at least 60 turns, taking their cities and defending. I took their capital, but they still have Venice. The pope calls a crussade and they decided to join. So they built a full army with a 5 star general leading the crusade. They boarded a ship and headed toward the Middle East.

One problem though, I control the waters around that ship. So I just couldn't resist not attacking the fleet even if it was a crusading fleet. I was able to destroy about 3/4 of the fleet, but the rest got away. Anyway the Germans got the city.

I've been excomunicated, but It was worth it. I'm thinking of assasinated the pope once I built a good assasin.

Default Re: Engaging a crusading army : )

I recently took the wretched tower of sin and heresy of Bordeaux with my good, God-fearing Englishmen. The vile bastard child of that Frenchman-in-chief decided to field an army of infidels and heathens to march on my prize of battle. At the very gates of my spoils of war, the turncoat scum raises the banner of Jesus Christ our Lord and head to the Holy Land to defile it with their wine-sodden harlots and lust. Being good Catholics as we rightful English are, I was unable to pursue my sullied adversary. However, being as those unkempt Frenchmen have been forced back into the Spanish main, they shall not hide behind the symbol of our Lord for much longer. God wills it!
    Playwright. Thespian. Mathematician.

Ha, similar thing happened to me as HRE against milan. They join the crusade, send a full stack including the king as far as they could march for one turn, got excommunicated the next, then the next turn they all disappeared except for the general.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to battle planning
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean