Thread: Ragnar Lothbrok and the Viking Saga

Default Ragnar Lothbrok and the Viking Saga

The Northern lands are in turmoil. The legendary raider Ragnar Lothbrok has managed to rise as leader of his tribe by defeating his predecessor Jarl Haroldson in single combat. His feats have enabled him to gather support from Jarl Borg and King Horik for future raids of Britannia. But this alliance is fragile, both fear Ragnar because of his sudden rise to power.

Which path will you take? Will you kneel to Jarl Borg and King Horik, pay them tribute and become a footnote in history? Will you form a Nordic Empire and establish yourself as King of the North? Will you become the scourge of Britain and the first true Viking?

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...15&searchtext=

In the near future (which means the mod is finished, only testing at the moment), I`ll release a scenario based around Ragnar Lothbrok as leader of the Danes. The mod is inspired by the TV series and not really historical, as I didn`t change the starting date or other factions and units. Still, it should offer a new experience not only for fans of the series.

Features:
    - Ragnar as faction leader (obviously) wth Aslaug as his wife.

- Bjorn Ironside, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye and other sons of Ragnar are featured in the family tree.

- Figures from the TV series also appear. Rollo as Ragnar`s brother, Floki, Thorrstein and others.

- A modified version of my Better Faction Traits is implemented in the mod to make raiding/looting have more benefits and support the Vikings-feeling. No need to use that mod as well

- New diplomatic setting: You have a relatively strong army and a higher treasury compared to the base game but you are losing money quickly. So disband your units and enjoy the money? No, load your ships and go looting like a true viking! Looting should give you enough money for several turns thanks to the new faction traits.

- All famous persons have traits to fit their character.

This one is currently not woking: (- The Danes can now recruit additional units like the Huscarls to make their roster more interesting.)

- Small buffs to some Nordic units like the Norse berserker to make them a viable option.
    Last edited by PrometheusTWC; October 11, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Default Re: Ragnar Lothbrok and the Viking Saga

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New family tree:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-10-08_00005.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	331003

New starting screen:

Name:	2015-10-06_00001.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	416.6 KB 
ID:	331004

King Horik declaring war on Ragnar:

Name:	2015-10-08_00002.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	444.8 KB 
ID:	331005

Mod is released, download-link is in the description

can you upload it to mediafire?

How to enter historical characters Romans (WRE/ERE)?

@alejandromachine: The charlemagne DLC will break it anyway and I have to redo it. I also need to fix something with the heirlooms trait before I`ll upload them to mediafire.

@tlek: The easiest way is to pick a character from the game, e.g the faction leader of the Danes called Danr and remember his name. Then go to the text files and change his name to whatever name you like. Really adding them or overhauling the family trees like in this mod requieres startpos edits

please upload to mediafire HAVE MERCY

i have brought and instaling on steam now

updated for AOC?

Can you update/re-upload this mod, it is removed on steam : (

It was removed because CA is more strict when it comes to IP since Warhammer was released.

I lost my progress with it and I don`t want to do it all over again, sorry