Thread: Changing frequenzy of animations

Default Changing frequenzy of animations

Hi all,
    my question is, how I can change the amount of using a animation in a battle, e.g. the chance that the death-animation X will be used.

Can anybody help me?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Changing frequenzy of animations

I don't think you can really control it, I think it is random
    Maybe you can try to edit the animation fragment files (like musket death fragment.txt). It looks a little like this

DEATH_STAND_1 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_001.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_2 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_002.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_3 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_3.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_4 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_4.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_5 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_5.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_6 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_6.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_7 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_7.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_8 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_003.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_9 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_004.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_10 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_005.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_11 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_006.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_12 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_007.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_13 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_008.anim",

I suppose from here the engine randomly picks an animation from 1 to 13.
    If you remove all the lines but one, I suppose it will always use the same animation.
    And so, if you for example makes something like this

DEATH_STAND_1 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_001.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_2 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_002.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_3 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_3.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_4 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_4.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_5 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_5.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_6 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_6.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_7 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_IR_Die_F_7.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_8 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_003.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_9 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_004.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_10 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_005.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_11 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_006.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_12 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_007.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_13 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_008.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_14 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_008.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_15 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_008.anim",
    DEATH_STAND_16 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_DEATHS/MUS_STAND_IR_DEATHS/MUS_Stand_IR_Death_008.anim",

Where the last animations are the same copied 4 times, then I suppose it may mean that you have 4/16 chance to play this one, and 1/16 chance to play the first.

Worth trying

Thanks for the answer.

Yep, I will try it as soon as I can.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

did you try? does it work?

I think it will, but I tried it with the Floating Flail/ Floating Dead animations, to achieve the result of this mod:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oating-Corpses . But if I add the Floating Body anim to the Floating Flail animations, it reduces only the flailing seamans and does not increase the Floating Bodys. I think the reason for this behaviour is, that it works; if a ship sinks, the game calculates how many of the seamans will die and how many will survive. The seamans who should die, are dieing instantly ON the ship, so they will sink with it. Those ones who are still alive,will jump over board or stay on the ship, and when the ship sinks, they start swimming. The dead bodies are only apearing, when a ship explodes ( -> the bodies are blown away from the ship and dont't sink with it) or in a chance of say we 1 to 100 when they swim. So it is moddable, but how?

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Next to the animation line, there's usually something like this: blend_in_time = 0.3 If you add , selection_weight = 0.2 next to it that will determine (in a percentage) the chance the animation is used. So if you want it to be used 20% of the time, you do 0.2, If you want 2% of the time, you do 0.02.
    I used this for one of my mods for taunting animations, for a example, it looks like this:

STAND_IDLE_1 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_alt2.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5
    STAND_IDLE_2 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/MUSKET/MUSKET_CHEER/MUSKET_CHEER_04.anim" blend_in_time = 1.2, selection_weight = 0.05
    STAND_IDLE_3 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/MUSKET/MUSKET_CHEER/MUSKET_CHEER_03.anim" blend_in_time = 1.2, selection_weight = 0.05
    STAND_IDLE_4 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_IDLE_4.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5
    STAND_IDLE_5 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_IDLE_5.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5
    STAND_IDLE_6 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_IDLE_1.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5
    STAND_IDLE_7 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_IDLE_2.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5
    STAND_IDLE_8 filename = "Animations/SHOGUN_ANIMATION/BATTLE/MEN/YARI/YARI_STAND_SHEATHED/YAR_S_STAND_IDLE_3.anim" blend_in_time = 0.5

So now the units occasionally taunt the enemy when Idle. It looks quite nice actually.