Thread: The Making of the Announcement Trailer

Default The Making of the Announcement Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Joey CA View Post

Hi Guys,

Did you spot all the secrets?

As most of you may know, we announced Total War: WARHAMMER with an epic CGI trailer back in April of this year. What some of you may not know are all the intricate details and secrets that went into the video itself over the course of its two year production.

Maverick and Platige - the makers of the trailer- put together this ‘Making Of’ video to show just how much excitement and attention to detail went into this cinematic marvel. Did you catch everything?

https://youtu.be/kgyGMpmBRR0

Joey CA

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Making of the Announcement Trailer

Thank you for the link. So many details I hadn't noticed. I now feel like rewatching it frame by frame.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

For vampire fans, the man himself:

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

So they put so much time and energy into trailers, but have no time for flagbearer, which is Basic into Warhammer.

CA tell us fantasy.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

I love the design of the Zombie Dragon:

The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    So they put so much time and energy into trailers, but have no time for flagbearer, which is Basic into Warhammer.

CA tell us fantasy.
    Yes cause the CGI guys make the banners. Might as well ask the art guys to code the game.

CA tell us fantasy.
    Yeah everyone who works at CA, including the Cleaning Lady that comes in at 8am on Thursdays, is responsible for coding and game design.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Although I also dearly want both banners and musicians, I don't think the CGI trailer is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Yeah everyone who works at CA, including the Cleaning Lady that comes in at 8am on Thursdays, is responsible for coding and game design.
    So Maybe they hire wrong people. Instead of to much clearing people,they should grow up Team for important things.
    Would you write same, if your favorite faction will be not add, cause they want fix better to make all other a little better!? Surely not. You would first scream for bigger faction creatin Team instead of teaser creation team and everyone would understand.

So if CA tell us there are no teaser, but all factions we know from tabletop, nobody honestly will cry.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

So Maybe they hire wrong people. Instead of to much clearing people,they should grow up Team for important things.
    Would you write same, if your favorite faction will be not add, cause they want fix better to make all other a little better!? Surely not. You would first scream for bigger faction creatin Team instead of teaser creation team and everyone would understand.
    Considering that only 4 races are playable in the first games, CA did that. The overall reaction was, as far I saw it, "I would love my race to be in, but I hope they come later and that this means that CA does them right".
    So if CA tell us there are no teaser, but all factions we know from tabletop, nobody honestly will cry.
    Yes, because most of us wouldn't know anything about the game (let alone all the people not active in forums anyway).

Wow.
    Firstly: nice that you define what is important and what's not.
    Secondly: who are you, beeing able to judge which people companies should hire or not?

If you need a place to let your anger slip away because they decided to not implement certain features that are important to you, it's understandable and ok to do so. But don't act, like crying on a forum where no one of the people in charge actually see your rant is the reasonable choice. I'm a lizardmen player, a faction likely not to be added in the first 2 games - if at all. Yet I don't act like an immature kid telling CA what to do and how incompetent they are. Seriously: embracing what's to come is far better for your health and mood than arguing over you can't change anyway. Especially in places where you just piss off others instead of voicing an opinion to the people that are beeing able to potentially change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    Considering that only 4 races are playable in the first games, CA did that. The overall reaction was, as far I saw it, "I would love my race to be in, but I hope they come later and that this means that CA does them right".
    And this is always same. We hope only...

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

It looks like they hire a separate studio to do the trailers whilst giving lending them a couple of graphical assets and an aesthetic brief. No wonder the disconnect between their trailers and their games. It explains things like the horde of banners existing in the trailer and the stark lack-of in the actual game itself.
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 06, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

To be fair, I never take cinematic trailers to be a representation of the game (gameplay/graphical-wise etc) I mean... Who does?
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 06, 2015 at 08:37 AM.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

well, these trailers can do more harm than good if the trailer does not capture the player experience. Personally, I agree that money is always better spent on the game itself than fancy trailers. Let the game do the talking!.....but I am pretty sure CA is convinced trailers are an essential part of advertising/getting people interested in their game. Still, no flag bearers in the game versus spending money on fancy trailers just seems like poor allocation of funds.

You would first scream for bigger faction creatin Team instead of teaser creation team and everyone would understand.
    No, I wouldn't. That's the key difference. At 35 years old my time of screaming over unimportant things has passed.

You can't be serious. If they didn't put together a trailer that was primarily put together by an outside company they would have time to put in all factions?!? As an Artifex I'm surprised you don't have a better understanding of how game companies work.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

As Artifex and old Member I know CA.
    The flagbearer Problem do not surprised me.