Thread: What Paradox Games to buy during the Paradox Publisher weekend on Steam?

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default What Paradox Games to buy during the Paradox Publisher weekend on Steam?

Long story short:

I am quite conservative with my gaming and several generations behind as I still enjoy games such as World of Tanks, Wargame Airland Battle and Medieval Total war II Call of Warhammer. But the Steam sale on Paradox games caught my interest and I am really considering to buy a newer version of them now that they cost £2 but would like some advice on what to buy. My view on Paradox games so far:

Europa Universalis II: Still probably my favourite game of all time. Fun strategies and I actually liked how I was forced to parry historical events even if my history was rapidly diverging from real life.

Europa Universalis III: I was not a big fan at first but the gold edition of the game is fun with a trading oriented nation doing a lot of colonization.

Victoria: Very hard to get into but I really started to like i after a while.

Crusader Kings: Never really caught the feel for it.

Hearts of Iron II: I would have liked to love it but I found it buggy when I played it and never got back into it. I am really tempted by HOI3 as I liked the techtree development and balance between tactics and strategy.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: What Paradox Games to buy during the Paradox Publisher weekend on Steam?

From what you wrote i suggest Europa Universalis IV. The expansions have made the game very detailed and fleshed out and new one will add even more. Also the mp community is big and if you join that you are in for a wild ride. Crusader Kings 2 is also great but best suited for roleplaying. The game tends to get annoying if you try to create a huge empire and make it stable.

Default Re: What Paradox Games to buy during the Paradox Publisher weekend on Steam?

With crusader Kings 2 though it has a Great modding community with mods for elder scrolls, game of thrones, warhammer, the witcher, LotR, so while the base game isn't great, the mods can really give you a TONNE of extra fun and content.

Domesticus
    Artifex

All I can say is Crusader Kings II is probably my favourite game of all time alongside M2TW. If you like the medieval era you're going to love it. Beware though, you might end up addicted to it in no time at all.

Seriously though, if you do end up buying it, get the DLC packs that add new features into the game. They make the game so much more immersive.

imo eu 4 is the best in overall, plus u can play as any faction in all over the world
    my criticism for ck 2, the combat is too unbalanced for now, but it's quite fun managing ur vassal
    victoria 2 is quite nice too n cheap, but the late game economy is broken